Friday, September 28, 2007

10/4 Good Buddy.....

That is the DATE!!!! Here is the story....

On Thursday we were suppose to have our 37 week check up, but it got canceled :-( I was rescheduled for next Wednesday 10/3 @ 11:30am. I called the office back in the evening and asked if I could change the appointment until Thursday to help Chris work with his schedule so that he could be there. I already have an ultrasound and non-stress that morning. The office asked me to call back this morning b/c she was pretty sure that my OB had written orders for me to have the Amniocentesis done on Thursday. Chris and I were very excited by this but we didn't want to tell until we knew for sure. So this morning I called the office again and sure enough I was told that they are going to schedule the Amniocentesis for Thursday morning. I would then have a non-stress test followed by the growth assessment ultrasound. If the Amniocentesis comes back and her lungs are mature then guess what?!?!?! WE WILL DELIVER THAT EVENING!!!! If for some reason they are not mature then we will have to wait one more week and deliver on the 11th. I will be delivering via c-section b/c they are expecting her to be 8 + lbs, and I have an extremely narrow pelvis. So my OB and I have decided that it is much much safer this way. We will find out on Monday the particulars for the timing of things. Be on the lookout for it.....

Ok time for a little more updates.... first off Chris and I have chosen to change a part of the baby's name. However we will not be telling until after the baby has been born. HEEHEE!!!

Next, Miss Lily is totally in love with her baby sister. Well at least for right now!!!! She trys to feed her through my belly button and will give her water from her cup. The sweetest thing she will do is when I have to give my insulin I pull up my shirt and she can see my belly, she makes the sign for beautiful to it!! It is so sweet!!! She will also point to it and say sister. Our little Lily is just a thriving soon to be 21 month old. She loves to do things all by herself, and is very proud of herself once she gets it right. Her favorite thing right now is pretending to cook. Chris and I will give her a pot and spoon and she will mix and taste while we cook dinner!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just can't wait to see the new bundle of joy!!! Hang in there Megan, it is only 5 days away!!!!

Love y'll

Unknown said...

Where are the pumpkin patch pictures I have looked everywhere for them!!!!!! Yea I know the baby is coming next week yada yada yada!
LOL You know I am just messin' I can't wait for Thursday. Excitment is in the air everywhere. Even way down here on the ESVA. I have phoned,emailed and pony expressed to all my good buddies!!!! Love to everyone Especially Liliputian and Godzilla! Oh crap I wasn't supposed to reveal the name!! LOLOLOLOLOOL

Reba said...

I am so very excited for you! (I am a bit slow though...took me a little time to figure out the meaning of the title :) Anyway, that is so sweet that Lily is so excited about her sister. I cannot wait to see what she thinks of her once she is here! (And then we will see what else she tries to feed her :)
Reba