Wednesday, September 12, 2007

New site and baby Evey news....

Hello everyone! Chris and I decided that we were going to make a family page to include information on both girls. So here it is.... we hope you like it!! We will be posting on here the exact same way we posted on Lily's site.



So for our first update we have lots of news on the baby Evey front....



For those of you who don't already know I have not been feeling great the past few days. We talked to the doctor at the Fetal Assessment Center on Monday and he sent me for more blood work to make sure that I haven't become anemic. We are still waiting on the results from that. Because of the Gestational Diabetes I have had trouble keeping my amniotic fluids levels good. I have never dropped below the danger line but I keep dancing on it. Because of this I have been drinking upwards of a gallon plus of fluids a day. I called my OB today to ask if he thought if because of the amount of fluid I have been drinking if maybe I have flushed out my electrolytes and that is why I am feeling so bad. My blood has gotten so thin because of the fluid that it is translucent. He called me back this afternoon and agreed that yes I may have done that. But I really don't have a choice... I stop drinking, she losses her fluid. So I can deal with not feeling good as long as she is ok.



Long story short... I have an appointment scheduled next Thursday at that appointment my OB is going to schedule an Amniocentesis to check her lung development. He wants to have me deliver before 37 weeks. Just to give you an idea of when that is, I am going to be 35 weeks tomorrow!!! Yikes!!! Yes I will more then likely deliver Evey the last week of September. In the mean time I am to continue to chugging the fluids, go to the non-stress tests 2 times a week, and to call if I start to feel any worse then I do right now. On a good note though,we had our ultrasound on Monday and Evey is measureing a little big and is a very happy 6.5 pounds (much better than the 8 we were thinking she was going to be). Lily now runs up to my belly, gives it a great big hug and kiss and says "Sister". It sounds a little like turtle. It is soooo sweet. She is going to be a terrefic big sister. :) In the next few days Chris and I will be posting directions to Harbor Hospital, and their visitor policy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot wait!!!!! I am so happy for you guys and I love you very much!! MomMom

Unknown said...

I love the "family page" idea! Like Lily's site, I will be awaiting updates and checking often. I love you all!!

Unknown said...

Great Idea!!!! Love to ya'll.