Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Monster Trucks and Pixie Dust

Last week the girls and I all had nasty colds. So nasty in fact for a couple days I wanted to use the 3 letter F word. It didn't progress that far, but it was close. Lily picked it up somewhere and shared it (she is learning soo much at preschool!) with us. Thankfully, it didn't hit everyone at once. By the time Lily was showing improvement, I started. True to form Charlotte got it the worst and is hanging on the longest.

A few nights ago, she really started coughing. We rubbed her chest with Vicks, and pulled out the humidifier with a Vicks pad in that. That did help for a while, but by the time Chris and I were going to bed she started again. We pulled a pillow off of our bed and tried propping her up with it. That seemed to do the trick.

The night before last, Chris had gone into check on them and found Charlotte with her head under her pillows. He pulled her out, she was covered in sweat but ok. We took our pillow away and everything was fine. She hadn't done that with her pillow before. Then yesterday at nap time I was going to try again with the two (it really was helping with her cough). She wanted NO parts of her pillow, she wanted mine. So I put hers on the bottom and mine on top. She snuggled her little head done on that pillow and sighed saying 'momma' and rubbed her head some more!

Then last night Chris didn't put the pillows the way I had at bedtime, but she didn't complain either. I had gone into check on them and found her again with her pillow over her head, laying on mine! I think I lost my pillow! LOL

She is just getting sooo big! I can't believe in about 6 more weeks she is going to 2 1/2! We are sitting on pause with potty training. She still likes the idea of it and will void on it sometimes, but she still likes the convenience of her diaper.I am fine with this, it is her last attachment to babyhood. She still prefers to eat with her hands. Chris and I were talking one night at dinner while we watched her eat with her hand while holding her spork. We decided right then that we are going to continue to encourage to eat with the spoon/fork, but not sweat over it. We know that at her wedding she will be eating with a fork!

This weekend Chris looked right at her and told her she was the prefect mix of Monster Trucks and Pixie Dust. This is so true! It is not uncommon to find her fully dressed in a princess ball gown playing with her tools 'fixing' something. She got a purse for Christmas to use for dress up. She loves to get it out and fill with her cars or trains and then put it on her arm.

She loves to play Wonder Pets. She will run up to Chris, and shout 'oh no, Gracie puppy in trouble!' Chris will ask her what they should do, she says 'I know, rescue!' Then he will ask her what she needs she says 'rope!' Then she runs out of the room to go start rescue. She could play this for hours!

One of her favorite things right now is Ela Fun! Who knew? I have to get this on video! Chris said she plays it like she is going for Gold in the XGames! It is Extreme Ela Fun in our house! She lets Lily have one of the nets then she must have the rest, she doesn't get it to try to catch the butterfly's, she hits at them. Oh my it is funny!

We are working on her dressing herself. This has been a slow milestone for her. Again I think she just likes the convenience of me dressing her. She does have opinions on what she likes to wear though! This morning we were running a little late to get Lily to preschool, so I sent her in her room to get out a pair of soft pants (what we call sweats/yoga pants). Well on her first attempt she came out with shorts, uhh no. I told her to try again and find pants. Second attempt she came out with pants, she was just trying to put them on legs by putting it over her head! It really helped to lighten up a stressful morning. Oh then she got them off of her head sat down and put two legs in one hole. Of course she stood up to check out her work just to fall. Lily and I were laughing so hard! Charlotte was laughing as well. Finally, she got her feet right and pulled them up! Lily and I cheered for her! Oh please don't think I was just sitting there watching her struggle, I was putting Lily's hair up.

She loves to cuddle again, she went through a Miss Independent phase. But now I guess it is cool again to snuggle! Kissing has also made a huge come back! Lily has always been a Daddy's girl, now Charlotte is starting to be one as well. Chris is in heaven! Everyday when he comes home from work it is like a rockstar has come to our house!

She and Lily are so tight, Chris and I don't have a chance! They love to play together, for the most part. Daily there are small issues, but I think it that over all they are Best Friends.

Ohh this is a funny one... she is sneaky! Charlotte loves to get out of her bed at night time. Normally Lily is still awake and rats her out! The other night though, I was on my way to the shower, and I walked past their room. I saw a small movement out of the corner of my eye. There she was up out of bed, standing by the dress-up area putting purses on her arm completely unaware I was watching her. I of course called Chris to see how cute this was! Once he saw we swung the door open talk about deer in the headlight!!

She is very demanding! We are constantly saying 'did you forget something?' Yesterday she was timed out for not putting the shoes away. I try to have the toys picked up before Chris gets home (keyword try). I wanted her to put the shoes that were scattered from playing dress up. She refused and actually told me 'never!' LOL It took two, two minute spats in time out for her to get the point!

She loves to sing! Row Row Your Boat, is her newest. Verbally in general she has exploded. There is very little I don't understand. My favorite thing she says right now is 'ummm, Momma?'

I can't wait to see what else is next for Miss. C!!


0 comments: