Friday, January 1, 2010

Not to be Forgotten

Something happened at dinner that I don't ever want to forget. It was one of those moments that your child says something that just stops everything. Tonight it was Lily's turn. Lily is in the know-it-all stage. She knows everything about everything. If you try to correct her she has been been known to say 'actually, it is Momma'. Yeah, the teen years are gonna be great! LOL Well tonight she was an expert on America.

We have NO CLUE where this came from. She started off telling us that we (Chris and I) could go to America because we were grown-ups. She and Charlotte couldn't yet. Then she went onto say that America was 'very far away, it is right next to Disney World'. Chris and I asked her where were now since we were not in America. She told us we were at home. Obviously!

Then she says... 'we can't whine or cry or we can't go to America.'

I asked her where she heard this from. She told us from A.

(Lily's Birth mother shares the same name as a female character in a cartoon that she likes... this will help explain why we questioned her)

So I asked her if she meant A from (insert name of show), or she is talking about her Birth Mommy. She told me she meant her birth mom.

THEN SHE SAYS...

'A told me not to cry when I go to America it is ok.'

I looked at Chris he looked back at me with the same WTH mixed with tears expression.

Where does this come from? It isn't the first time she has said something profound like this about her birth mom. It normally happens just like this completely out of left field!

1 comments:

Reba said...

Very interesting! Maria goes through stages of saying things but she really seems to have no memories at all. She did tell me the other day she wished she could go back to the hogar...I never figured out if that was to visit or stay. :) I guess we will always wonder what is in those minds...