Friday, November 3, 2006

We are a Family!!!!

WE ARE A FAMILY!!!!

November 3, 2006

We called today and found out that Lily's birth mom has indeed signed for the last time. We are going to be submitted on Monday to get her new birth certificate. Hopefully we will be home in the next 4-6 weeks.

Even though this is an extremely happy time Chris and I are keeping her birth mom in our thoughts. I just don't think that she will ever know how truly grateful we are to her. We wouldn't have Lily in our lives if it wasn't for this wonderful woman. As you all know music is very important in this house especially for me and there is a song that we found about adoption called '12 Angels' A verse of the song says

"The greatest gift, the greatest unknown, the greatest sacrifice, the love it took for her to place you in my arms, will we ever realize"

I wrote out the whole song on the front page. It it very tied into what we have gone through.

Through this whole process people have repeatedly told Chris and I how lucky Lily is going to be and what a great thing we have done for her to get her out of there. The reality is that adoption is very selfish. We wanted a child in our lives and this is the path laid out for us. We are the lucky ones!! We have felt pain that we wouldn't give to our worst enemy, and then experience the greatest joy all, holding our child for the first time. I feel lucky that we have chosen to do this.

I will keep on updating as I find more out.

Love you all!!

Megan

0 comments: