Saturday, December 15, 2007

Lily got wacked...

by the Karma stick tonight. LOL For those of you that don't know when we went to pick up Lily last year the hotel that we stayed in had a baby room (really more like a 'thank God we don't have to stay cooped up in our room' room). Over our many, many visits to the baby room Chris and I became friendly with a few couples and our kids would play together. Cameron was one of the little boys Lily would play with. One afternoon Lily decided it would be a great idea to plant her foot in the middle of this childs chest and kick him to the floor. I about died! Funny thing is that I can still see this like it happened yesterday. Anywho so tonight Chris and I took the girls to the mall and we let Lily play in the big play area. Let me just say that Megan almost took out not one but two brats oops I mean little girls!

My little the social butterfly was running and playing like a normal kid and some other kid (thank god relatively same sized or I would have been taszered for sure... LOL) ran up out of nowhere and pushed her right in her chest on to the ground! Now Chris and I both watch her like a hawk. Normally Chris will follow at a good distance and I keep her in bounds and boot her back into play when she gets to close to running lose. I also play the role of Wa Wa Waterboy! It is a true team effort. I saw the little punk coming towards her and Lily was in mid wave then WHAM she is on the ground. Now I have to admit what happened next made my whole day... before Lily started to cry she wagged her finger at this girl and was yelling " NO NO NO!!!" Both Daddy's went to their respective daughters and the offending father apologized. So the world was right and Lily was back in the crazyness playing. Then it happened again (luckily it was a different girl). This one used the whole "let me touch your shirt" and then slapped at my girl repeatedly and pushed her. There is my girl again "NO NO NO!!!!"this time though she was slapping at her back (a true girl fight!!) This time there was no other Daddy to remove the other girl so Chris walked over and told the girl to knock it off! WAY TO GO DADDY!!! However, in this altercation a Boo boo resulted. (Dramatic music...) I really don't think that she had gotten hurt. I think that it scared her more then anything. From then on anytime a kid got to close she would tell them "NO NO NO!!!" Chris stayed near enough from then on and when he heard her say that he told her "No honey they are nice." Then she would change completely and wave and say "hi!"

Now here is why her yelling at these girls made my day. We always read to her and more often explain the story to her instead of just reading the words to her. We make it so that she can understand it. She is starting to understand when someone is mean and when they are nice.So now when she see's the evil Queen from Snow White she says " mean no no" and looks at me for approval. I used the same thing for Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, when the Bumble comes out to eat the reindeer Lily got scared. I told her we tell him "No No." So now every time she see something like that she yells "NO NO!" and wags her finger. Then looks at me to approve. Well tonight she did it all by herself. She knew that the girl was mean and told her so!!

Ohh by the way if you were wondering what baby Charley was doing during all this.... yeah she was asleep in my chest!!! She had her sister's back in spirit!

Ahhh my girls!! :-)

Love to all!

2 comments:

Reba said...

What a wonderful lesson Lily has learned already! I hope some grownups can learn the same thing. :) I can just picture her saying that. I had to laugh on the playroom comment. That is a daily ritual for us now...it is a nice change of scenery. Because the hotel is under renovation, it is a much smaller room...but still a nice getaway. :)

Unknown said...

Thank goodness MomMom wasn't there. MomMom would be spending Christmas in the big house for assault on the absentee parent that allowed her Little Darling to slap my Precious. I got your back Lil and Charley's too. Remember play nice but take no prisoners.
Ho Ho Ho to you too! Love MomMom