Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What a Difference a Year Makes.... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

This is the post from our blog last Christmas day, I can't believe how much has changed for us in a year!!

Merry Christmas everyone. We hope that everyone is having a wonderful day. We are doing well and wanted to thank everyone for your kind words and well wishes today. It truly mean a lot to us and has made this day easier for us.
Our agency is closed for the holiday season. However, if we do receive our Pink information, we will be notified immediately despite the shutdown. Otherwise our next update will be on Lily's birthday, January 2.
Megan has made the most beautiful video for one of my Christmas presents about Lily and our journey to bring her home. So please copy and paste this link and take a look. It is truly amazing. :)
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from our family to yours.
Love,
Chris, Megan, Lily, Willie, Gus, and Dusty




I hope that everyone had a great day yesterday. We sure did!! It was better then I could have ever dreamed!! There was one small hiccup on Christmas Eve but that was quickly handled. Let's just say that there will be a donation made to the Salvation Army, because someone can't can't take a hint. Anyway I have already given that more attention then it deserved... moving right along.



We took the girls to Christmas Eve service. Lily was sooooo sleepy that she fell asleep on the way to church! Now most of you already know that we live less then 5 minutes from our Church, so that says a lot! She did great through service. We took both girls up for Communion and to get Charlotte blessed. Lily as always was a little shy when it came to taking the host. But after she took it and chewed it she looked right at Chris and said "mmmmm yummy!" Priceless! So we made it through the rest of service and got the girls to the car. Oh as for Charlotte yeah... she slept again! We turn the car on and were discussing how good the girls were (now we hadn't even pulled away from the curb yet) looked in the back at Lily and she was totally knocked out!! We got her home and put her to bed. She didn't get to put her cookies out for Santa or anything. So we made sure that was all done for her. :-)



Then "Santa" went to work. We brought everything down from up stairs and Chris brought in the kitchen. He was very proud of himself once it was all put together. It does look just like the box and there were no remaining pieces!! WAY TO GO DADDY!! We got all of the rest of the presents arranged and pretty much stood there in disbelief that these presents were for our children. It was pretty amazing.



The girls gave us the best gift ever.. they slept until 7:15!!! Well Charley got up at 5 to eat but went right back down again. Santa had left an big stuffed Elmo in Lily's room waiting for her. So we got woken up to cheers of Emlo Emlo!! We brought her into our bedroom and opened the gift Santa left in their stockings. Then Daddy left to finish last minute set up. We didn't say anything but I took Lily around the kitchen to get into the living room so that Chris could get a good shot of her on the video. She walked right up to the presents and started handing them out! She then found her new Blue's Clues Chair and Dora slippers and the festivities began. As of last night we still had 3 presents that weren't opened. Mostly that has to do with her finding the kitchen. Chris and I were fed a 5 course meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner! She LOVES it.



I must say that through the day I keep waiting to wake up from a dream. Lily had so much fun, Charley...well she does what she does best at this point. Eat, sleep and poop! She is REALLY good at the last thing!! LOL My favorite part of the day happened when Lily ran over to me in the rocking chair and hugged me and said "awww Mommy." Now this happens daily, but yesterday it just felt different. I realized in that moment that I have everything I could have ever asked for. For once in my life I can think of not one thing that I want or desire. I have a wonderful husband and the two most beautiful daughters in the whole world. My cup completely runneth over.

Megan

PS I will post some pictures tomorrow from our holiday and Lily will be showing off her new do!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset swiftly fly the years, one season following another, ladden with happiness and tears. Where is the little girl I carried where is the little boy at play, When did she grow into such a beauty, when did he grow to stand so tall, wasn't it just yesterday when they were small" I love you both. I am so proud to be your mother. I am proud to be your friend. May God continue to keep your little wonderful family in the palm of his hand. Mom

Reba said...

I could just feel the smiles of your heart in this post...what a difference one year makes! You have two beautiful gifts from God. Enjoy each and every moment...