Thursday, September 3, 2009

Disney Show and Tell 1

Autograph Books are done!!
I am going to toot our own horn about these. :-) Both front covers are custom made by Chris. I wanted individual/unique books. Between the two of us that is exactly what our girls got!! Charlotte's took a little bit of figuring out because she can't tell us like who her favorite character is. I had been noticing that she could say Mickey (sounds more like Min-tea) and Pooh. She is already having a Pooh themed birthday party, so we went with Mickey for her! I am glad that we were able to really girly it up!








Now for Lily... she is a Cindy girl through and through! She has been 'wearing' glass slippers around the house now for a week! We had made her book already, but when we made Charlotte's we realized how dark and adult it was. It was fancy for a 30 year old not a 3 year old. I talked with Chris and explained that I did love what we had made for her, but I wanted to make it more Fancy Nancy Fancy! This is what we came up with! It has her two favorite things, Cinderella and flowers.










Each book is made of acrylic covered in scrapbook paper/vellum. For the inside we used clip art to make a card for each character we would see. Then watermarked them and printed them on blank 4x6 index cards. I was worried that if a character pushed too hard with the sharpie
would bleed through, so I used 6x6 scrapbook paper, cut the bottom with scissors that make the fancy design. Then we used velcro to attach a pen to each book. One afternoon the girls and I sat and drew pictures on about 11 index cards that we also put in the book as autograph pages. When we were done I asked Lily what each picture was and wrote what she said on the back. For Charlotte, there was one she pointed to and said Rocket, but for the rest I put her age on.
Next...Invites!
This is Chris' baby! He is a master at making things like this. Look at the front of the Autograph books that was ALL him. I didn't upload the insides, because it kept crashing blogger! I will try again on the next show and tell.
This one is for 1900 Park Fare. We will be having Dinner with Cinderella, Prince, and Step Family at the Grand Floridian.

We will be lunching in Hollywood Studios at Hollywood and Vine with Little Einsteins, and JoJo!


This one is for breakfast at the Grand Floridian. This one has Alice, Mad Hatter, and Mary Poppins!




We will be lunching in Norway with the Princess's... this will be following Lily's makeover!

Charlotte's first haircut, she REALLY needs it! LOL


We had gone back and forth SO many times on whether we would visit Animal Kingdom or not. Charlotte sealed the deal when she freaked out over the animals on youtube one night. I was about to snag us a breakfast at Tusker House with Mickey, Donald and gang!

Our very first morning, and the only reservation I didn't move around is for Crystal Palace. The reason this one is so important is because we can get into Magic Kingdom BEFORE it opens! Only people with early ressie's will be there. Can we say PHOTO OP!! LOL

This is another one we went back and forth with. When we got the call about her Pre-school, we thought it would be a great Big Girl thing for her- Charlotte can't do it this time. It is only for kids 3 and over. She HAS NO CLUE we are going to be doing this. On that day when we are done we will be going to Epcot for Lunch with the princess's.

This one is still in the maybe column, although we are leaning more towards yes. Magic Kingdom has a Halloween party/parade/fireworks. We can also trick-or-treat. We are holding off just a little longer till we see what TS Erika is going to do, and we see how the girls are holding up. This is at night, and we have planned for that day to be a pool/rest day. We will see for this one.
Our plan is that each morning, the girls will wake up to a surprise from Mickey/Tinkerbell. We have bought items from our Disney store to take along with us. The first night while we are out of the room 'Mickey' will visit and leave us our welcome to Disney letter (we still have to get this one done) and two sets each of new PJ's. The next morning they will wake up to find that Tinkerbell has come and left the invite for that day, and two Mickey stuffed animals! I even got 'pixie-dust' to leave on the counter! Each day after that they will wake up to find new invites for what we will be doing that day!
Still to come, we will be working on their shirts tonight! After that we just need to finish packing. I think I have us about 95% done already so that wont be too much more to do.
4 MORE DAYS TO GOOOOOO!!!!!! Hot Dog!! :-)
I wanted also to say a special thank you to Chris. You are an awesome Husband and Daddy, there aren't many men out there that will do what you have done for our girls. I don't think there are many out there that have pictures of Cinderella/Mickey littered all over their desktop, trying to find the best one, and not settling for less. I have really loved the late nights and the PB&J brain food! I love you. :-)

3 comments:

CHRIS said...

Meg you give me more credit than I am due. This entire trip has come together because of you. The love you have for our girls and the amount of effort you are putting in to make this a “magical” time is truly amazing. In my opinion the reason this trip is so magical is because of you. I love you so very much!!!

Chris

Murph said...

Wow. I am overwhelmed - you have done a lot for this trip. You really should consider starting a dream vacation planners business! I'm sure the girls will love every minute!!

Anonymous said...

Your Disney vacation sounds so wonderful and magicial. I told Milt that I wish I was going with you!!! You guys are going to have such a great time, I can not wait to hear all about it. Your little girls are truly blessed to have such loving and giving parents as you and Chris. Have a safe trip, take lots of pictures and blog as soon as you get home. Deb