Saturday, January 19, 2008

A first of many...

Ahhhhh what a differance a date night makes!! Chris and I went on our first date as parents tonight. A BIG Thank you to Grandpa and Grandma!!! Thank god the girls didn't revolt (or at least like good grandparents they left out that tid-bit!!!) Chris and I didn't really realize how much we needed a time out from everything. Don't get me wrong the entire time we wondered what they were up to. We knew they were being well taken care of, it is just a lot for me to let go even for a few hours. I haven't spent more then 2 days away from Lily (and that was when Charlotte was born) and I have never been away from Charlotte for more then just a few hours.

We were able to get all dressed up ( I even wore dress pants!!! No JEANS TONIGHT!!) and be a couple for a little while. What was even better was that when we got home the girls were fast asleep, again BIG thanks for Mepaw and Memaw! So we were able to really relax. Chris and I got to thinking that a BIG night out for us now is dinner and a little shopping and we are home by 830! I know we are PARTY animals! LOL

We are going to be doing this on a once a month schedule just to take sometime for us!

Megan

1 comments:

Reba said...

Yeah for you! We don't do it regularly, but we do try to do it periodically. We are like little kids...we run to the car free of responsibility. Of course, we spend the whole dinner talking about our kids, but it is nice to be able to just eat and not spoon food into someone or answer a million questions. And my kids love it too...they love that time with their grandparents. So it is a win-win situation. :) I am so glad you were able to get away...keep it up! It is healthy for you, for the marriage, and for the kids...