Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Milestones!!!

Things have been buzzing around here at the Henry house. The girls have been busting a move with milestones.

First off we bought Lily her potty and some Dora panties! I tell people all the time that Lily needs a 12 step program to help with her Dora addiction!! So everything has been going ok. We are taking it nice and s l o w!!! She has several stickers on her Potty Chart and sometimes says she has to peepee just because she wants another one!! LOL

Next...Charlotte took her first bites of rice cereal tonight!!! Everything went great. She is uncertain what to do but we got a good couple bites in her. We let Lily help on a few of them too! She is a great big sister. Charlotte gets to continue on the rice and formula for the next month and then we get to move her on to yellow veggies! So exciting :-)

You may be wondering why I know that we are going to move forward with her food this way. It is because the girls had their well baby check-ups yesterday. Nothing says your a Mommy now like a double header check-up with shots all around! LOL The girls really did do ok. I think it mostly had to do with their Doctor not taking as long as normal. We were only there 2 hours this time. Please understand that I LOVE their doctor. She was my Ped, and she really does make up for the long waits by taking all the time you need with her. I had lots if questions and she answered each one.I didn't feel rushed at all and that I would wait years for. Anyway I got off topic, the visit went well. Lily got her Hep A injection. It is voluntary but it is good for her to have. She did really well with it, she got a little teary and yelled "BooBoo" a few times. But as soon as the doctor was done she (with help) hoped right off the table went right back to her snack of Goldfish! Mommy never leaves the house w/out snacks and bottle/cups! Today she kept pulling down her pants to show off her band-aid!!!

Charlotte went next my poor baby had to get 4 shots again and an oral. Now she REALLY didn't handle it well. She did better once I got her the rest of the way dressed and in her carseat. Then she settled back down. She slept while I fed her when we got home and didn't wake up again until around 4pm!

Now for what I know you are waiting for. The Stats...

Lily @ 2 years.... 23 lbs 32inches

Charlotte @ 3.75 months.. Ready for this one.... 14 lbs 23 inches!!

They are separated by 9 LBS!!!! HA HA

Lily is wearing size 18-24/2T
Charlotte is wearing 3-9 month! I already went "shopping" through the larger sizes for her. The best part is that I JUST put most of those things away out of Lily drawers! Too Funny! We call Lily our little string bean and Charley is our meatball! Their doctor wasn't too concerned over Lily's wt she just told me to get a few more calories a day. HA The child would eat ALL day if we let her. I am going to try some creative things and see how that goes.

Part of what I was asking the doctor about for Charley was her formula. She started out on Similac Advanced, but that gave her big time gas issues, So her doctor told us to switch her over to the Similac Sensitive. That works great for the gas but now she had LOTS of spit-up issues. Their doctor gave me the go ahead to put cereal in her bottle. Let me tell you that this child has never been happier and Mommy's shoulder's have never been cleaner!! LOL I started her on it yesterday at her very next bottle time, and there has been little to no spit-up at all. HEAVEN!!

We aren't due again for another 2 months for Charley and Lily gets a whole 6 months off.





0 comments: