Saturday, March 8, 2008

Abc's and 123's

Just FYI I am once again going to be doing a full week in review. Hopefully soon I can get back onto my every few day schedule. So hang on tight this week has been full of new things!

It shouldn't be a secret that Lily LOVES to sing and be sang too. I am NOT kidding when I say that we sing about 50% of our days. Thankfully Charlotte doesn't mind too much! Lily just really loves it. Nowadays, she has been making up here own rendidtions of these songs. It is out of this world cute, or as Lily says (dute!). A few days ago she started singing (very loudly) one day as I was trying desperatly to get Charlotte down for a nap. I can usally tune her out if it is needed, so I didn't pick up on it until I came out that she was singing her ABC's..... Lily's way! She sings it to the tune of ABC's. Ready for it....

ABCD,ABC,ABCD,ABC,ABCD,ABC,ABCD,ABC.... I think that you get the idea! Beyond cute!

Also on top of the singing she LOVES to learn new things. Chris and I have taught her to count to 13! It is clear and understandable. Which I think is pretty good for a 26 month old! Lily doing everything Lily's way likes to skip 6 & 7. I really think it is because it is hard for her to say words that start with a S in general. She will get to 5 and then very loudly say 8. We taught her by having her count the steps leading to and from the playroom upstairs. We have gone beyond that now and she can reconzie some of them too! Today while we were out she totally flipped out yelling random numbers, when she saw a hop-scotch on the floor! The people around us just looked at her amazed!

I just can't wait to see what she learns next!

0 comments: