Sunday, March 30, 2008

A new hat

Lily thinks this is what we did to the house Saturday. She kept pointing to her head saying "hat." When really Chris and I FINALLY had a new beautiful roof put on the house. It was WAY past due! Thank goodness it is one more thing to check off our list to get done.

Since we were captive in the house we changed over the closets to the correct rooms. We hadn't gotten to that when we changed everything around. During the week isn't the time to try and tackle something like this. It was the perfect time. I am trying to get things better organized around here, just so that once the weather finally breaks for good we are able to be OUTSIDE!!! We didn't get to do a lot of that last year. We are ready to break out this year and have adventures!

The girls are both doing great! Lily has been two, often lately. But, that doesn't mean that it is all bad. We have our moments don't get me wrong. I am discovering though that there is other wonderful imagination to it as well. She has entered into the a pretty princess phase. I try to stay away from the commercial idea of princesses and just let her be a little girl. On Thursday morning she has disappeared for a few minutes into her room and was being very quiet. Never a good sign.. I called her to come back into the room I was in with Charlotte. She came out of her bedroom in just her diaper and her Dora bathing suit around her waist. She has a huge smile on her face and said "pretty princess!" Charlotte and I were then given a fashion show of sorts for the next hour! She loved it. I figured what is a few more clothes to fold back away?!

Chris and I always hoped that Lily would like the best of both worlds. Meaning that she would want to wear her pretty dress outside to play in the mud. On Friday she made us proud. We were all in the backyard. Chris was picking it up from the winter, he turned over a plastic tarp. There were about 5 or 6 six earth worms underneath. He called Lily over to see them. She ran right over bent down and started to pet them. The worm recoiled a little bit which made her a little uneasy. Then she looked up at Chris and I and said "hold please." Chris and I looked on proud that she is growing up so fast.

Charlotte is also growing too fast! We have moved out of the swing, and bouncy. She is loving her uni-saucer, and sitting all by herself even better! She sits and plays for long stretches now. We are also gearing up for her Baptism in June. Her Fairy God Mommy has asked me what size dress I thought that she would wear. I put Lily's Baptism dress on her just for a size comparison. Lily's dress is size 9-12 month. Lily was 19 months old when we had her Baptized. Charlotte is 5.75 months old and that dress fit her!!! Mine and Chris's jaw dropped LOL! I also put on the hat because she has her Daddy's head (i.e. big)and the dang thing barely fit!! I am going to put it back on and take a picture. We laughed so hard!! She is my little meatball! :-) I just can't get over the size difference!

0 comments: