Saturday, March 8, 2008

The joy's of motherhood!

I dreamed while were waiting for Lily's that when she finally came home I was going to be the perfect mother. I thought it would be all sunshine and buttercups, coloring and flower picking. That I would never have a child that "acted like that." I watched all the shows about how to be a good parent and read everything that gave advise. I thought I would be Mother Earth, someone who did all right the first time, I mean how hard could it really be???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

There were some day's this week that I thought I would literally pull out my hair. I love my girls sooooo much. But Friday night, I told Chris, 'ya'know I love those girls, but sometimes Mommy loves bedtime even more!!' They were never really naughty (how naughty can a 5 month old be?!?!) it was just everything we had going on that just pushed me farther then they have ever pushed.

It all started Monday, Chris and I talked over the weekend that we were going to really start Lily on the path to being fully Potty Trained. We figured that all the major life developments were far behind us and that she was ready. She has been "playing" potty time more with her dolls, and she can pull her own pants up and down. So on Monday and since then Lily has worn panties at all time while we are in the house. I braced myself (or so I thought) for what that was really going to mean. By Monday night we have gone through I think 8-9 pairs of panties, before Chris got home. Ok first real day of this. By today she only wet through one pair. WAHOO!! if I catch her at the first little grunt of a poopie and send her in she goes just fine too!

Lily probably announces that she has to use the potty anywhere from every hour, to every 15 minutes. Which means I get to go the bathroom every hour to every 15 minutes too. On Friday I sent her in alone (I could still hear her) because she had "cried wolf" one too many times! Of course this was the time that she came back into the hallway with her panties at her ankles yelling "poopie poopie!" I am thinking sure riiiiight, but she was insistent, so I went in with her and she did! High fives all around, a sticker for her board, and I have one proud kid!

Now imagine if you can even bear it.. having to go to the bathroom up to four times an hour. Change panties that many times when we are unsuccessful, and clean out the potty when we are. Now think about it, where is Charlotte while this is all going on??? Yeah, Charlotte has been teething like a big dog this week. We are on Def Con 1around here for her two bottom teeth. She was at times shrieking this week because of it, my poor baby. :-( Chris called from his job this week to check in on us, I asked him to hold on because they were both hungry and SCREAMING about it. When I got back to him, he asked what was going on. I think his exact words were "what the #$%, is everything ok?" I calmly responded that everything was fine this was just the normal for the day.

In the end, it was a successful week, everybody is still alive, Lily is extremely proud of herself in her Dora panties, and Charlotte through all that pain will smile at me when I eat her belly! Chris had a great first week at his new job. Mommy, well Mommy had two beers Friday night and went to bed early! :-0

All that and I still couldn't even start to thank Chris for going to work everyday. Allowing me the once in a lifetime chance at my dream job.

0 comments: