Monday, March 23, 2009

Big Changes

Sometimes it really hard to do the right thing! Especially when you REALLY want something. That is until you realize that it is only a want and surely NOT a need.

I had this light bulb moment a week ago when I was looking over our exploding budget for Disney World. That was enough to clear my brain! I started looking at what I could do to cut corners. I just didn't want to wake up the day after our trip and have any regret. I also knew that keeping things as they were wasn't going to happen. I started running the numbers before I even brought it up this discovery to Chris. One of us worried is more then enough.

When I had a working idea I let Chris in on what I had figured out. I may give him a run for his money sometimes but Chris is extremely smart. So it took him much less time to see what it took me a few days to.

We were going to be staying at the Wilderness Lodge on a 40% discount pin on the room only. We would have 7 day base passes (no park hopping), and the Quick Service Dining Plan. That by itself was doable. It was when we started adding in everything else is where it was getting out of hand.


Friday evening Chris and I had a Disney planning meeting. Honestly, planning my wedding was easier then this is! There are just too many options. This is a good thing but I find myself double guessing everything we choose! Here is the newest new plan!

We switched resorts and changed to The Coronado Springs. We still booked under the 40% discount. We left the tickets alone, and upgraded to the full dining package. This gets us any Character meals we want. All that and we save nearly $500! This is good!


I am stalking the Disney website waiting for the annual September Promo of free dining to come out. We should know about that in about 10 days. If that happens then I will call drop off the 40% room discount and add on the free dining, and upgrade our tickets to park hoppers. I have to drop off the 40% discount because there can only be one discount per reservation. The free dining will save us an additional $200!


Whew!

Planning this trip has taken a life of it's own! I think starting this week I am going to blog about the week in planning.

This should hold you over until later on this week!

Daddy and his Princesses!

2 comments:

Reba said...

Whew! That tired me out...I am so glad you know what you are doing. Next year if we go, I may have you plan for us too...you are much better at it than me. :) I cannot wait to see what else you find in the way of discounts...

Anonymous said...

what a man what a man what a mighty fine man Love MomMom