Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Our first week home

January 24, 2007

Everything is going great! Right now she is asleep for her afternoon nap. This week has been a whirlwind! We had a great time visiting with family and friends over the weekend. We are totally overwhelmed by the love that we feel from everyone! We are so glad to be home with our baby! I tell Chris all the time I can't believe that she is finally here in one minute and then the very next I can't remember her not being here with us! She is adjusting wonderfully. Dusty has taken to her well and visa versa. I think it is the size (they weigh about the same!!) Gus we have nicknamed Nana from Peter Pan b/c everywhere Lily is there is Gus like a nervous Nelly. Willie well... he is mad. We are doing better he actually went into her room yesterday and again this morning. He gives us with this 'you are kidding...right' look. Yesterday they had a moment and that is a good start. Chris went back to work on Monday and everyday when he comes through the door and smiles and squeals! She is now knowingly calling him Daddy! It is more like a Daaady ! :-) She is eating and sleeping well. We are settling into a routine slowly but surely. She is going to the doctors next week and I will post about that adventure. Until then enjoy the pictures of our first week home!


PREVIOUS ENTRY | NEXT ENTRY
Comments
I love seeing the new pictures. She looks like such a delight! She has such beautiful big brown eyes too. I know you are enjoying it!
Reba
Posted by: Reba on January 24, 2007 at 07:43 P.M.
I can't wait to come and play again!! I love you all!!!! Happy family weekend!!

Posted by: Aunt Lizzie on January 24, 2007 at 08:53 P.M.
I've become a "junky" for this web page! I can't imagime life without it now. After spending a few hours with the three of you, it is totally obvious that Lily was meant to be your daughter!! Oh,and did I tell you...........I WANT HER!!!
Posted by: Aunt Tracy on January 25, 2007 at 04:51 A.M.
I love my little family. What a wonderful time we had I can't wait to do it again. Love you all
Posted by: MomMom on January 27, 2007 at 01:13 P.M.
She is truly a beautiful baby. You and she are blessed. Enjoy her while she's this age. Its a lot of work but totally worth it!!
Posted by: Rosa "Bean" Neal on January 29, 2007 at 01:46 P.M.

0 comments: