Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Big Day for the Girls!

*****************DISCLAIMER****************************************
I am not writing this to start a debate. This is purely why I think that today is an important day for our girls.
*************************************************************************************

Ok on with the post!

Today it is FINALLY our day to go vote in the Primary! We are going to take the girls with us. I know how silly that sounds but I am proud that we are going to teach our girls from a very young age the importance of voting. This is a historic thing. I am not at all saying that they will win but either way there will be a African American man, or a female on the ballot for president. I hope that when the girls are able to vote this will be the norm, and Chris and I can say that we took them when it was a first. We think it is especially important because we have a rainbow family to show our girls that anyone can do/be anything they want.

*************************************************************************************

Moving right along....

It is has been pretty quite around here. We (the girls and I) just got back from a stay at my parents house. We went there so that Chris could get the house ready for the appraisal. We had some painting to be done and we didn't want the girls around that. Chris was also busy last week going on interviews and he was made an offer on Thursday. It is with a company MUCH closer to home, that alone sold us on it. His drive now is over 45 minutes this will be 20 or less! The only draw back is that this company brings all their new employees in under contract (yuck). But he has had ample reassurance that as long as he does a good job and proves his worth then they will bring him in full time. So I have full faith that all will go as planned and he will be brought on sooner then we thought!

Well my afternoon alarms are going off... the girls are awake! Will update more soon

1 comments:

Murph said...

Isn't it fun to take them voting? I let Rudy push the Vote button.

You've been tagged. See my blog for details.

Kathy