Friday, February 1, 2008

We called up the doctor....

Not too much going on this week. I think that Chris and I just trying to get through it. Thankfully it looks like we did! Thank you to everyone who offered a kind word over last weekend and the days following. It meant a lot to us.

The girls are doing great, getting bigger by the day. We are all right now enjoying a little down time. I do have another installment of as the Henry's turn though.

Apparently our girls are beginning their careers as WW wrestlers! On Wednesday night we were all on the floor in the living room just hanging out. Lily was dancing, she lost her balance (see where this is going?? :-) and fell chest first onto Charlotte. Charlotte starts screaming, Lily is yelling "Boo Boo's", Mommy and Daddy play one-on-one defense, and pick-up which ever child is closer. Very soon everyone settled back down and no one looked worse for the wear. Sigh... nothing could be THAT simple right? Right...

Later in the evening Lily and Chris went to get Lily her bath, and I was getting Charlotte her bottle. I looked down at her little face and right around her left eye and side of nose there is a slight (were are talking tiny, Chris had to turn on a huge light to really see it) bruise, and swelling. I freaked! Just a few days before I had read a story on a message board about a baby that was hit in the face with a book and stopped breathing because the book broke his nose. Gotta LOVE the Internet! In my mind all I can see is this story unfolding in front of me. We called up the doctor and the doctor said (LOL)to watch her overnight and if anything changed to call her back. By this time Charlotte was taking her bottle with no problems. Besides nothing holds this child back from her food! We thought everything was fine. Sigh.... Why is NOTHING ever easy???

Chris and Charlotte go into bed around 9pm, I stayed up to calm down from what was suppose to be our "peaceful" evening! LOL Around 10pm I hear Chris moving around in the bedroom, then I hear "oh God oh no" I FLY, I mean literally took off in flight to the bedroom. We met in the hallway. Chris is holding her like he was holding radioactive material. She had vomited her entire bottle. It looked like Linda Blair had been sleeping in the bassinet. It was all over. Chris went to work on cleaning all that up and I started peeling off her sleeper. (Didn't I just talk about how I love being a Mom? I was channeling that during this LOL). The poor baby's big blue eyes were as about as open as she could get them, and I knew that she wasn't done. She continued to erupt I think 2 more times until she settled. So then came this big question... Is this because Lily fell on her or is it just a tummy ache? We debated for a little while and we decided it would be safer for her and I to camp out in the living so that I could keep a hand on her all night. Thankfully our bassinet is one that is convertible. So we are able to remove it from the base and it becomes a Moses basket. We put that on the floor in front of the couch in a way that I can touch and see her. Thankfully all was ok. She slept until 230am and got back up again. I gave her some pedi-light. That didn't go well. I do have to say though that I carry the color of orange pedi-light well. Her and I slept together until Chris was up getting ready for work. Finally around 6am she took a whole bottle. Just as she and I start to fall asleep Lily woke up for the day :-)

Some days it just don't come easy!!!

3 comments:

shoregirl22 said...

Aww! Poor Charly! I can't wait to love them both UP! =P Miss you all bunches! Love, Maggie & Jewely

Unknown said...

Oh my Lord! Well guess what kiddos the hits will just keep on rolling as they get bigger. This was an accident wait until they sluggo it it for real. Verbally and physically! LOL I love you all MomMom

Reba said...

Oh, what a fun night at your house. :) Those are the kinds of moments that help you earn your "momma" stripes. At least for me, those are the moments I feel like I am a true momma, through and through. I hope Charly has recovered. And you too!
Reba