Saturday, February 2, 2008

Can you tell me how to get..

How to get to Sesame Street? Cuz THAT is where we are going on vacation this year! YEAH! There is a place in PA called Sesame Place. Kind of like a Disney World for public television. We wanted to do something this year, but our options are limited because of how old the girls are. We wanted to go some where that would a blast for Lily. Charlotte will be 8.5 months so she will be along for the ride for the most part. We went ahead and booked it today. We are going the last weekend in June right before our anniversary. Lily is very excited to go see where Elmo, Grover, Cookie, and Ernie live. Elmo is a very close second to her Dora. She LOVES when we pull up the website because Elmo talks! She drops whatever she is doing and RUNS to the computer. It seems nice and not that far from here (about 2 hours), and not that expensive for what is included. We got a 2 day pass, and both days we signed up to have a meal with characters! The first day we have breakfast with Elmo and friends, and the next day we will have dinner with Big Bird. We are really excited!

*************************************************************************************

There isn't any easy ways to change gears like this. But I think it is very important share a little about this child and her family.

I wanted to ask everyone to pray for a VERY special little girl that passed away early this morning. One of my blogger buddies (another adoptive Mommy) posted about her and her family a few weeks ago. Since then I checked in on her and her family daily. Maddie was a barely 5 years old. She was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma (Cancer) when she was two.

This is her website.

http://www.caringbridge.org/tn/madelyn/

Please keep her family in good thought, and hug and kiss your babies a little tighter tonight. I know that I did.

2 comments:

Reba said...

Your trip sounds like SO much fun! I think your girls are going to have a blast. I cannot wait to see the pictures.

I am so saddened about Madelyn. She was an amazing little girl with an incredible lust for life. I know that she is whole and healed in heaven, but my heart just aches for her family...
Reba

Unknown said...

My thoughts and prayers are with her family. MOM