Monday, February 18, 2008

Whew what a week! And pics!!

I have been wanting to post all week, but we have been so busy during the day, then by the time the girls get to bed we are wiped!

Chris and I earned another parent badge! We have had our very first, very sick child. Now a little side note... Lily other then being a little under weight (only 23 lbs @ 2 years), is super healthy. She has been home over a year now and we have only been to the doctor as a sick visit two times. Now don't get me wrong she has had colds and GI upsets but nothing bad enough to warrant more then a call to the doctor for advise. I guess she thinks she will give us a break for waiting so long or her! :-) Now Miss. Charlotte on the other hand we have already decided is going to be our problem err umm more challenging child.

It all started last Wednesday when she coughed I think twice, but it was more then a normal clearing of the throat. Thursday esp in the morning it was increased, by Friday morning my Mommy senses were tingling telling there was more to this then a cough/cold. She just looked like she felt bad. So off to the doctors we went. Chris came home to stay with Lily b/c I didn't want to expose her to anything. Charlotte had to have her weight checked ready for this... she is 16 LBS 10 OZ!!! She gained 2 pounds in a month! She doesn't seem overly chubby! She and Lily are only 7 lbs apart!! I was still giggling about that to myself when doctor checked her over and said that her lungs sounded clear but that her right ear was pink. My heart stopped.

Now I am a Nurse and I have dealt with much worse then this, but when it is your baby, your brain tells you that you have failed and now your child is going to be deaf. A little irrational anyone?!?!?! It doesn't help that when I called Chris and told him what the doctor said he was totally devastated and asked about 3 billion questions. He is such a good Daddy! Charlotte is now on Amoxicillin for the next 6 days. It is looking like all of our efforts (and antibiotic) are paying off and she is feeling better. Friday night and Saturday were the worst for sure. She and I bonded over steam in the bathroom. Today I even got her to laugh a little when I ate her belly. ;-)

I can just tell that Lily is a child that will continue to amaze throughout her life. On Friday Charlotte was so miserable, I was being super fast to meet her needs but she was in tears a lot that day. At one point I was telling her "it's ok Mommy is hurrying I promise, it's ok Charlotte" Lily came into the kitchen and looked up at her on the table (she was in her bouncy seat) and said to her "tay rdette, tay" in the sweetest little voice. I turned around for just a second and let myself take that moment in. I don't know if you have ever seen Kermit the Frog in the Muppets Christmas Carol (strange I know just go with it:-)? Lily looked like Kermit the Frog when he sings to the moon. I tell Chris all the time that she reminds me of a little Kermit b/c she has a little round tummy and little thin legs and hips. IDK I was just in awe of her at that moment.

It is also great to see Charlotte light up whenever Lily comes to talk to her. Lily has this really squeaky way of saying 'Hi (insert name)', So she will come up to Charlotte and say 'Hi Rdette, hi!' give her a ugg (hug) and a tiss (kiss). Chris and I have made up songs for both girls (necessity is the mother of invention). We made up Lily's at the US embassy! LOL Anyway, Lily loves to sing and especially those songs. I have walked in on her singing Charlotte's song to her! It is so sweet even sweeter b/c when Lily "sings" she only sings the last word of each verse. I have to share this...

This is Charlotte's song..

Charlotte, Charlotte, how do I love you so
Charlotte, Charlotte, I can't wait to see you grow
You are so short and tiny
and you have a little hieney
But you are mine
Baby mine
and I love you oh so much

So when Lily sings it to her we hear
rdette, rdette....oooo
rdette, rdette....row
iny
heiney (she gets that right every time!!)
ine
ine
uccccchhh!

The best part is that you can see her singing the other words to herself, she just can't vocalize them yet. We are going to try to tape her.

Man oh man I love those girls!

Ohhh and this is Chris's last week @ Alcore. He has accepted a new position with a company much closer to home. No more 45 minute trips up 95!! YEAH! He is going to take a week off with us girls and then start his new job on 3/3!! Like anyone else leaving one for another he is mixed with excitement and terror! I know he will do great. :-)

This weekend Chris and I are going to have our monthly date! As long as Charlotte keeps improving. So excited, we are going to do Easter shopping for the girls... wasn't it just Christmas?

Wow I REALLY need to make time for posting, if not I seem to end up with Mega-sized posts!

If you made it this far I should at least reward you with updated photos!



















4 comments:

Reba said...

Yeah for Chris! The closer to home, the better. The pictures are precious. I would love to see Lily singing to her sister. Believe it or not, in a couple of years, red ears will not phase you. You will be well versed in the world of antibiotics...it is one of the joys of children. :)

Murph said...

Your girls are just beautiful!
Kathy

Unknown said...

I am so glad Charlotte is feeling better! Lily is so sweet to her. What good sisters they are! The pictures as always are beautiful. Makes me want to drive up there and kiss their faces off!!!! Love MomMom

Murph said...

Megan,
When you get a chance, email me. I have some info to pass on and can't find your email address.
kandesmurphy@comcast.net
Kathy