Thursday, January 8, 2009

Chats With Lily

Yesterday Lily asked if we could listen to music from the "puter". No problem. There is a song about Christmas that she loves and asks for it to be played first. Again no problem. When it was over she asked for it to be played again and we listened one more time then I let the next one play. She looked up and said "ohhh this sounds like a batamama (Guatemala) song. I then asked her if she wanted to hear the song about Guatemala (the one from her video) and she did. We started to listen and this is what was said...

L: this is my batamama song, you know Mommy where I was born

M:(shocked by how she articulated this) That is right, you know Luc if you ever have any questions about Guatemala Mommy and Daddy will tell you everything we know. Do you have any questions?

L: Yes

M: OK

L: Yes I have 2. (shows two fingers)

M: OK what are they?

L: 3.

I was left dumbfounded but didn't push it. I just shook my head and gave her a big hug.

0 comments: