Thursday, January 8, 2009

2 Years Ago

When Chris and I left our home on Jan 8, 2007 at 4am there were many unknowns. We didn't have our Pink appointment set, but were given the option to go and maybe move things along. The only thing we knew for sure was at the end of the day we would FINALLY be with our baby forever.

I remember driving to the airport we were stopped at a red light. I looked over at Chris and said quite frankly, ' I am not leaving without her.' He saw that this wasn't a joke, that I fully intended to become a Guatemalan citizen if need be and reassured me that we would come home together. And we did. Maybe not on our time, but we came home.

Lily was brought to us around 6pm. When I remember that memory it always plays in slow motion. She was covered layers of pink from head to toe. Her little head was sweaty because of it all! She was soo very small in general. Gloria put her into my arms, I looked at her and told her 'see I told you I was coming back.' When we had to leave her 8 months earlier the last thing I whispered over a huge lump in my throat was 'this is not good-bye.'

That first night Chris spent two hours in the bathroom. She would cry the minute she saw him. After a while he just started inching out. She tolerated him more and more by the end of the night he stole her heart. There has never been a question that she is a Daddy's girl ever since.

Lily has blossomed into a beautiful, sweet, loving, funny little girl who (if you couldn't already tell) is loved beyond words.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

OMG Megan ... 2 years ago - what a memory ... and what an amazing little Flower Lily has become - I know she has changed your lives forever but she also changes the lives of those who 'meet' her ... congrats and thanks for sharing such a wonderful story! Hugs from MN!

Rebekah

Murph said...

I still remember your post on our agency board, when you found out you were out of PGN. The subject was "Henry Party of 3". I thought that was such a great way to put it.
How great that you are way past the point of having her with you longer than you were without her!

Kathy