Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Here comes the bride...A story from big daddy

Well, it is official. As of this moment I am engaged to Lily. Let me back up a bit. Yesterday Lily informed Megan that she was going to marry me and that she can come visit. Megan simply nodded along and when asked her for some more details she said "Yes, you come visit me and we go to BJ's to get Pizza and Crocodiles. I'll be right back."

Tonight we were playing in the living room with her toys while Megan was at the store and Charlotte was busy chewing on something. Lily decided to take this time to make her move. She came over to me, sat on my shoulder and gave me a big old kiss. The she looked at me and simply asked, "You marry me daddy?" What can I say, I melted. Sorry Megan. :) I told her I would love to but why does she want to marry me. She promptly said with out missing a beat "You are my boy. You are my boyfriend, daddy." So there you have it.

On a more serious note, Lily is still not feeling well and is still vomiting. She seems to be getting better so we will continue a light diet with her and she how she does over the next day or so before we call the doctor. Got to run now, have to pick out table settings. Little Einsteins or Cinderella, oh the choices. :)

Chris

3 comments:

Reba said...

How very sweet...I think it is also a testimony to your marriage...she wants that someday!

Murph said...

Young love. How sweet.
I would go with Cinderella for the place settings but Little Einsteins would probably make a good first dance!

Rebekah said...

Oh ho sweet! What a gloriou wedding it shall be ... I do hop the Bride is feeling better soon! Have a great week!

rebekah