Friday, January 9, 2009

Trends

Apparently Lily and Charlotte are WAY behind in the times.

Don't they know that throwing up all over themselves, laptop, sofa and Mommy was SOOO 2008?!

Either that or Mommy and Daddy didn't realize that this is the year of the projectile vomiting child!

Tuesday and Wednesday Rdette got up from nap took two sips of juice and promptly threw up. Nothing more since. She is also teething so maybe that is part of the reason. Who knows.. We did tell her that she is an over achiever! She has met this quota for life now! But she just keeps on!

Yesterday Lily and I were hanging out on the sofa reading a book. She was laughing so hard because I was telling in the story in a funny voice. All of a sudden it happened, just think Linda Blair! It was crazy she had been fine not signs of anything being wrong.

Between running Lily back and forth to the bathroom, wiping tears, explaining to a very upset child for the 100th time she couldn't have anything to drink and Rdette waking up teething, in short it was a great night!

There was a funny part though... Chris and I traded sides of the bed. We do this when someone is sick. It is just quicker for me to be right next to the door. Normally the girls sleep through the night without a problem. If there is a problem Chris will get up and tend to it. I am not good at being nocturnal- at all. OK all of that to say..

At 1:30 I heard Lily getting sick again, my mind is screaming get up, my body isn't working. I finally force myself up. Then my body must have thought I was drunk and I stumbled out of the door with a focus of getting Lily to the bathroom and not dropping her. OMG I know I had to look like Jack Sparrow! Chris, after hearing me hit their bedroom door instead of opening it, met us in the hallway. He helped guide us into the bathroom to make sure we made it in one piece! When Lily was done we cleaned up her bed and get her all snuggled back down. Chris and I met back in the hallway and he starts singing "think thoughts think happy thoughts." at 2am! I just gave him the death stare and stumbled back into our bedroom.

As of this morning, Lily is doing better. They both got up much earlier then I thought they would considering the night they had (5:30). Lily was up first and was again REALLY mad that we didn't just hand over her cup. So far so good. We are just going to go slow today!

TGIF!!

1 comments:

Patti said...

Ugh...we are dealing with a stomach issue here as well...no fun! Hope everyone is better soon!