Saturday, February 7, 2009

DISNEY BOUND!!!!

There was NO WAY I was going to walk away from this computer tonight without sharing this!! We booked it today! We are going in September and are THRILLED!!

For those who don't know how special Disney is for Chris and I, let me explain...

We went there in 2004 with my family and had the time of our lives (don't I sound like the commercial?!:-). During the fun of being there we also were able to have serious talks about what path we were going to take to start our family. With all the babies and kids there it is hard NOT to think about children. We could have walked down either path, Chris was a little more resistant about adoption, more for that fact that he had no clue where to even begin a process like that. So over the course of the week and amidst the backdrop of the "happiest place on earth" we had these open hearted talks. We used words like Russia, domestic, developmental disabilities, tests, needles, and drugs. Looking back Gautemala was not even on our radar.

Finally on one of our last nights there while watching the fire works something clicked in both of us we just knew we were going to adopt. We never looked back. We came home from the trip not telling a soul what we had decided to do and got to work. We saw our Matthew's picture 6 months later.

The following year for Christmas we gave our families a framed photo of Matthew in a double sided frame. On the other side we wrote out the lyrics to the song Wishes. It is what the firework display is set off to at Disney world.

I know this sounds crazy but it has been an emotional day for Chris and I. We had been looking into this for a LONG time and wanted to make sure that we timed it right with the girls, Chris' school schedule, and that we could honestly afford it. Beyond that today we were handed the deal of a lifetime and would have been true fools to walk away from it. :-)

We are going to be staying on the Disney Grounds at the Pop Century Resort. It is one of the more reasonable places on the grounds. We are going to drive down. With the gear that the girls need it just makes better sense to. Plus I am NOT a good flyer. It just scares me.

I have already started taking pictures to record our trip. We taped telling Lily! If blogger was acting right tonight I would post it. But her eyes got as big as her head when we told her that we were going to see Cinderella and Mickey. She said "wait Captain hook too?!" She has been on a Peter Pan kick lately. She calls him Peter Peter! LOL I also took pictures of Chris while he was booking our tickets.

Charlotte doesn't understand yet but by the time that we go she will be just under two. She will know who they are. I am sure Lily will help with that!!! LOL

We are so happy that we get to take the girls back to where the little seed of our dream of them started to grow!

Now I have to start making lists! :-)

1 comments:

Reba said...

How fun! I saw the bunny ears on your page and just took a wild guess that is what you were doing. :) You will have to give tips on what your girls love the most. I think we might go next year. Maria has been telling me she wants to go but I just don't think we can swing it this year. DW has a special place in our heart too. I won't go into details but we found out we were pregnant with Hunter a couple weeks after a Spring Break trip there. :)