Monday, February 23, 2009

Poosie and Puddle Duck

I really should rename the blog the Tales of Poosie and Puddle Duck. That is what I call the girls. Lily is poosie, it morphed from silly goosie. Charlotte is puddle duck, because that is what she looks like when she dances. Chris calls them both Woman! You have to hear it. It is really funny!

Anyway, just thought I would share that little tid-bit. I am working my way up to the good news post. But before that I wanted to share about what the girls have been up too. It is amazing how quickly they change.

Lily- is 3 going on 13! She is in total princess, dress-up, prissy mode. She has been talking in full sentences for a while now. It is easy to see that she loves to be able to be better understood. She has been trying to tell knock- knock jokes! She will say knock-knock we will say who is there then she says her whole name or will say knock-knock again. She thinks it is the funniest thing in the world! She has become a little Momma to Charlotte. Sometimes we have to remind her that of that!

I think that one of the biggest and saddest things is that she has stopped calling Charlotte, Rdette :-( Instead she will call her Sralette, honey, puddle duck, or my new favorite hunny bear!She has become quite a nurturer to Charlotte.

We are doing better in the potty department but it is still day to day. Sometimes we get a few good days to even a week, and then back slide a little. She will have dry panties on her Wedding Day I am sure of it!

I almost forgot! Lily got her ears redone. We had them pierced when she was about 16 months old and it didn't work out. Over Presidents Day weekend we were visiting at my parents house and watched Juice have her started earrings taken out and new ones put it. Lily thought that she could just have my sister put them in. Then she got very excited when she realized that we needed to go to a store to have them done. In her eyes everything is MUCH more fancier when it comes from a store! So far so good this time around.

She is super excited about starting swimming classes. This is what we gave her for her birthday present. It is a parent/child class. We start this Saturday!

As for our Puddle Duck... she is really coming into her own. As evidence by nickname she loves to dance! She can now say: Momma, Dada/Daddy, EE (Lily), Dog, door, shoe, hi, bye, I love you ( sounds more like I A EWW), and Thank you (sounds more like anth eww).

She loves to wrestle with Lily! OH and they dance together now! That is the cutest!

She loves to color. I will hang large coloring pages on the wall and let them go for it, the only problem is that now she wants to color there whether there is a coloring page there or not! Sigh Thank goodness for Magic Erasers! I guess that is better then her eating the crayons! Although she still sneaks a taste now and then!

She is still in her booster seat but she can sit right at the table. She has been eating with fork with ease for a few weeks now. Good news for Grandpa C (and me) she has been favoring her left hand! I know it is WAY to early to tell but it still makes me smile!

Both of the girls are really doing great. They (Lily especially) are getting excited about Disney-hint about the good news there... Lily will get in my lap and ask to look at Disney things and whenever we see a Mickey Charlotte says "Maaakee" and points like a wild women! :-)

OK now onto the Good News post!!! Opps not yet.. Charlotte is awake from nap!! Gotta wait a little longer!!

1 comments:

Reba said...

Torture...it isn't nice! :) I do love hearing what the girls are up to though. :)

Reba