Monday, February 23, 2009

George and Wheezie!

We have moved on up!

Now this is good actually mind- blowing for Chris and I and something we never ever dreamed of doing when we first looked into the Disney trip. That was all until a wonderful woman I spoke to last Friday opened a door for us!

Let me back up.. When we called to make the arrangements for Disney World we were extremely excited to even be able to make a trip like this let alone stay on site. We were handed a deal that was great. However, we quickly found out that planning a trip like this takes a lot of planning. There are way too many options to figure out, and of course Disney is a business and isn't going to let go of too many sweet deals. You have to know what you are eligible for.

Just about two weeks ago we made our original reservation. Since that afternoon we have called back 5 times to make changes! I also officially need a 12 step program for Disney Fan sites. I am addicted- there I said it. Chris will agree fully, but is also grateful for my new addiction.

I called back Friday evening to make the 3rd change. We wanted to make sure that our room was reasonably close to the bus stops. While I was on the phone with this wonderful woman we were talking about the Free Dining that Disney has run the past 4 or so years. She assured me that she knew nothing about this as of yet (the announcement doesn't come out until the first weeks in April) but advised me that we were not eligible! [insert my "What you talking 'bout Willis" face]

Apparently, when we first booked they we not able to let us use the buy 4 get 3 night offer because we were traveling in Sept and we could/would not change that. I didn't know that when Chris was on the phone he was informed that they had found us another discount, and applied it. Because we are using this discount we could not get the free dining unless we dropped the first one.

Confusing I know- I have literally lost sleep over the Mouse! LOL

So I asked her what was the discount they had applied. She then told me it was for 40% off of our room! Holy Crap! We were already staying at a value resort so 40% off was good but minor. My mind started clicking, I asked her to run me two different options for rooms just to "see what it might look like" (heehee). I about fell over. Chris was at school so I had to wait. This was a big choice to make and one that I wasn't going to surprise him with.

In the meantime I asked Lily and Charlotte and they both like Mommy's idea! :0-)

Chris was a little harder sell. We literally sat up Friday looking at the different options (I really think he thought I was pulling his leg!). We went to bed leaning towards one way. We woke both leaning the other. Finally, we give up decide to stay put at the first resort. About 2 hours later Chris gets reading our planning book and he starts asking questions again.

Finally he calls and we actually book it! We are staying at the (drum roll please......)


WILDERNESS LODGE!!

Talk about an upgrade!! We are still in shock that we were able to score this kind of a deal! We saw this hotel when we stayed there in 2004. We were at the Cabins and they were the first stop off the boat from Magic Kingdom. We always thought it was so beautiful!

I already have a spread sheet started for all of the things we need to pack! Six months is going to come around quicker then I think!!

Chris- you don't know that I am writing this- as I didn't read it to you :-) I wanted to say Thank You! This trip is only happening because of the provider that you are for us. I am proud of you for doing so well keeping up with everything you have going on and still finding time for the girls and I. We love you very VERY much! PS- No I refuse to buy you Lumber Jack Swimming Trucks!! LOL :-)

2 comments:

Reba said...

How awesome! I am so excited for you and cannot wait until you go so I can live vicariously through you!!!

Anonymous said...

Megan you are too kind to me. When I see how Lily dancing around like Cinderella, Rdette practical screaming when Mickey comes on the TV, and every time I see you tear up when you see the Wishes fireworks, I am overcome with joy and love. You and I both know how much Disenyworld means to us. The least I can do is make you dream come true and have a vacation as wonderful and as fun as our life. I love you and the girls with all that I am and no extra labor on my part is ever too much to do when I see the three of you smile.

Love Always,
Chris

P.S. = Why can't I have my lumberjack swimsuit??? You know I can soooooooo pull off the Paul Bunyan look. :)