Monday, February 23, 2009

My Sweet Baby

Look at that sweet face! Sigh... she doesn't look a thing like a pissed off Scottish man does she?

You know how sometimes kids will do things that will follow them FOREVER? Last week Charlotte did something that I cannot wait to tell her children!

We were at Playwise Kids (where we took Lily for her birthday), the girls were playing and having a really good time. It was just about time to have lunch. They have tables and you can bring your own lunch to eat before leaving. The girls were in the area that has a large playhouse. Another child had left a kid sized cart in that area. Charlotte LOVES these things. I cannot stand them! Lily was in the house playing, and Charlotte was running the cart into the walls, falling, normal things :-)

The child that had apparently left the cart in this area came back and as little children do took it from her. He wasn't mean and didn't do anything to her. He was just matter-of-fact about it and took it. Now I am FINE with this, and I try to redirect Charlotte just telling her that he was putting it back and try to get her interested in the house. I really thought she would just go back to playing with Lily.



HA HA HA Silly Mommy!

Remember the movie Braveheart? When Mel Gibson does the battle cry of 'FREEDOM'?

That was her! She shook me off, as if she was saying "oh no he didn't!" and took off after him! There was another child in the way driving a cozy coupe I swear I thought she was going to car jack him. Thankfully I was able to stop that before anything like that happened! But this kid had been "shopping" in the grocery area and was returning to the playhouse (where Lily still was) with a car full of food. Charlotte reached in and grabbed a plastic meat roll! Held it up in the air waving it around yelling! I took it back and gave that back. Still trying to shake me took off again to get her cart back!

All three of us make it into the grocery area. The Mom of the boy who took the cart was trying to tell the boy to give the cart back to Charlotte. I am trying to tell her that it is OK that he can have it. She still made him say he was sorry for taking it. Guess what? By then she had already moved onto bothering her sister.

The whole time this was happening I was trying so hard to keep her from actually getting this little boy (who was at least twice her size) I didn't realize how funny it was until we were leaving. I called Chris and told him that we were leaving and told him what had happened. He said that we are going to file this away for when she is older!

0 comments: