Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bad Mommy Bad!

Back at last! The end of January was good, but exceptionally busy! Chris started back to school right after Lily's birthday party. That has been an adjustment for everyone. Just about 4 weeks in and so far so good! He has applied for Graduation, and he is going to be talking to a UMUC advisor at the end of the this month to so he can enroll in the fall!

On January 24 we did indeed complete our Polar Bear Plunge! I get cold just thinking about that day! We did make our goal of $500.00! When it was finally time to plunge I totally freaked! I think the cold had just really gotten to me and the thought of even putting a TOE in that water. Which was 33 degrees! BRRRR!! Chris rocked it! He just got me back together and we ran in , together. It is funny though when you are in the water at the first second you touch it, it doesn't feel soo bad... but then just as quick your legs turn into lead! My toes didn't get feeling back until the next morning! I will admit for someone who HATES the cold water as much as Chris does, he manned up that day! He actually said he felt like we cheated because we didn't go under the water. We made it till about right under our hips before I couldn't take anymore.

We are planning to do this again next year... so anyone that wants to join us is more then welcome! Also a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who supported us in this adventure!! The Special Olympics is $2.5 million dollars better off!

I am just going to keep working backwards....

Chris and Lily's birthdays! Chris' turned the BIG 30 last month. He shared his birthday weekend with Miss Lily. It was a great weekend. Lily loved all of the Little Einsteins decorations. I think that best part for her was that we let her pick out her dress. She had a choice of two, a purple one (looked like June from Little Einstein) or a Minnie Mouse dress we picked up for a steal after Halloween. She picked Minnie. With her black hair she looked absolutely adorable! And she KNEW it!! LOL Another highlight was the fact that she blew out her own candle! She was surprised when it went out!

I plan to do another post to catch up everything with the girls. I will say that Lily turned 3 and suddenly we have an emotional little girl on our hands. Last week was a rough one for both of us. Hopefully it will smooth out a little. Charlotte is just as much of a ham as ever! She is turning into quite a funny girl!

We also have some BIG news that I will also share in another post... I think we gave it away already. I was too excited to NOT put it up!

I was going to put pictures up but the dang thing won't let me tonight. I will try again tomorrow. We are going to take advantage of the nice weather up here and take the girls to the Zoo tomorrow. That will be fun for all of us to get out and enjoy the sun for the day!

1 comments:

Murph said...

There is something about turning 3 that changes a child. I wish I knew what it was:) Enjoy the ride - it only gets crazier. :)