Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Crayons, Markers and Paint OH MY!

This week the girls and I have been hard at work making all week making our Daddy's Day goodies! I had found a really good idea about using fabric paint to make a custom tie. Well I couldn't find a white tie, so I picked up handkerchiefs. Yeah.... that didn't go well at all. They were covered in paint, I am talking literally covered! Charlotte had paint on her back! I have no clue how that got there. It was so messy I ended having to give them a bath! I shelved that idea and went back to the drawling board. Luckily I figured out an even better (I think) gift idea! I cannot spill the beans on that because I know Grandpa and Pop-Pop frequent the blog.
:-)

Today we went to work on the newest idea. O M G! It went so much better... They were into it and had a really good time making it! I am really excited to get it all together now! Then we worked on the cards I signed Charlotte's name BUT Lily wrote her own!!! Yes! She is writing her own 'short' name I love that she calls it this! She can almost get her 'long' name too! She just having a little trouble with the N... apparently it is 'trwicky'! She just about has it. I am going to take a picture when Chris opens his card on Father's Day. Then once they both sign I have them write something special on the card. It was really sweet!

Chris I know that you read this too so this is ALL the info I am giving up! We just have a couple of loose ends to tie up and we are all done!

2 comments:

Reba said...

You always do fun stuff. I have to admit, I am usually running into the store at the last minute. :) Yeah for Lily! Writing her name is quite an accomplishment!

Rebekah said...

I can't wait to see the homemade gifts - LOVE homemade!! ANd I love that Lily calls her name her short name - too cute - and N's are Trwicky!!! Hope your girls are feeling so much better these days! Have agreat weekend and thanks for stopping by to say HI!

Rebekah