Thursday, June 4, 2009

One Up, One Down

I am sorry I haven't updated in a while. As soon as we got Lily to some what normal, Charlotte got sick. She woke up on Wednesday with a 103 fever, and just looked like crud! Knowing that Lily's temp got way to high so quickly I made Charlotte an appointment for that afternoon.

A little back story..... their ped had surgery over Memorial Day weekend and ended up with an infection and herself in the hospital. Ummm doesn't she understand that is the exact moment our kids are going to be sick? When we went Wednesday I thought she was back, she was still out, but I got to meet her sister! She thought Charlotte had a nasty virus and gave me the same old song and dance about fluid and rest. I felt ok with this as she did just have a fever other then that she was normal.

Charlotte had a very restless night last night=Mommy and Daddy didn't sleep. Thank God for the person who invented coffee. It had to be a Momma!!! Can't you tell that I am sleepy/slap happy now?! LOL

Anyway today she woke up again with her fever. This time 102, well a little better then yesterday. However today she really didn't look good and she attached herself to me from the moment she woke up. Normally she is a love and run kid. She is just fine with a quick hug then off to play... not today.

About mid morning she got worse, out of nowhere she started sounding like a sea lion when she coughed, and it seemed like she was having a hard time getting a good breathe. I laid her down for nap and she was just restless all over again, crying off and on etc. I went in and got her and she and I rocked for a while. She did fall asleep for about a good hour on me. She hasn't done that for a VERY long time. I didn't realize how much I missed it. When she woke up she was even worse. I called into the Ped office and they told me she needed to be seen but the doctor wasn't going to be in until tomorrow.... crap. I took the appointment for 1pm on Friday, and they told me if she really started to go downhill to take her into the nighttime ped place.

I didn't have to wait much longer for that to happen. We took her temp right after dinner, I knew she was way too hot. It was 104. So we called in the Calvary (Tracy and Brianna) and Chris and I took her in. One of us could have gone and one stayed but she looked so bad we were afraid that they would send us to the ER.

They are saying that she has bronchitis. They gave us an antibiotic and told us to follow-up with the Ped tomorrow. I am going to keep her appointment, as they heard wheezing, so did I when I checked her before we went in tonight so better have her ped check her.

Long week with sickness. Our house looks like a tornado torn through it. Tomorrow Lily goes to the eye doctor about her tear duct, then Charlotte goes back in the afternoon.

I am sure that I am going to end up with this. It is my own fault but there was no way I was turn down sweet sick baby kisses. Last night when I was rocking Charlotte she kept looking up and she would say Momma, then lean in and give the sweetest kisses. It was like she was saying thank you. It was one of those moments tired or not I didn't want to be anywhere else.

Oh we found out tonight that Lily is only 1 POUND in front of Charlotte! Lily is 30 lbs, Charlotte is 29. I am sure that is water weight from all the fluid I have been pushing LOL!!

At least she is sleeping well right now and that is where I am headed too!! Nite-nite!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg you have been MEGA busy!!!!! LOL

Praying you dont get it!! BUT THE MOMS never escape!! lol

hugs,leslie

Anonymous said...

What a week you have had! Hope everyone is feeling better soon - I am sending Get Better Wishes!!!

Reba said...

Oh, my, you are not having a fun week. :( I was wondering about you. I hope by tomorrow everyone is feeling A-OK and that you are protected from those fever germs. It is so hard watching your child struggle with breathing. Hope your weekend is much better.
Reba