Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Disney Update

This morning brought strong thunderstorms inside and out of the house! I called in right at 7 am, I am talking literally the clock turned to 7:00 and I pressed send! I got right through, told the CM what I needed, then she informed that their system was undergoing 'enhancements' and to call back at 8:30!!! I hung up and wanted to cry.... ( I have done a lot of that lately). I just sucked it up called Chris for moral support.. yeah he giggled at me for being upset about this.

Did I wait till 8:30 to call back.... nope! I tried again. This time I got a great CM who made NO mention of the computers being down. I start working on getting everything booked, we made it half through and the system froze!!!! O M G! I know this may seem like I am making a mountain out of a mole hill. I am sure in some respects I am... but when you have done as much research for this as I have and know it is hard to get ressies for some of these places it just really crappy when this happens.

The CM was wonderful and apologized all over herself, but there was nothing more she could do it wasn't letting her even see what we had already booked. Without confirmation numbers it is like nothing was even put in for us. It wasn't her fault the system did this and I told her this. She told me to wait it out and try back in about an hour. I called Chris again... more giggles... this time I wasn't as ummm forgiving about this!

Did I wait out that hour... not even a chance someone else was going to get my Lily's Bibbity Bobbity Boutique Princess makeover appointment.. I was a women on a mission!! I sucked it up and started calling back every 5 mins! Thankfully we have free long distance!

I had just hung up and the phone rang, it was a weird number but being that it was only 8:00 in the morning I went ahead and picked it up. I am sooo glad that I did! It was my CM I was working with! She said that my ressies just popped back on her screen and it let her confirm at least those! It was the first 4 days! She gave me those confirm numbers and then we were able to very slowly get through the final 3 we wanted!! By the time we hung up I must have told her I loved her at least 12 times! It took 2 hours but it is DONE!

Here is what I booked:

9/7 Whispering Canyon (wilderness lodge) Dinner at 5:10

9/8 Crystal Palace (magic kingdom)- Breakfast- this is a Character meal Pooh and Friends! 8:10... we get into Magic Kingdom BEFORE it opens.. can we say photo ops!!!!

9/9Akershus (Epcot)- Lunch This is a character meal with the PRINCESSES!! @ 12:00pm

9/10 Bibbity Bobbity Boutique (princess makeover for Lily!) Magic Kingdom @ 4:00pm... then we go over to the Grand Floridian for Dinner with CINDERELLA! @ 5:30pm. That is the night we are staying late in the park for fireworks and the Spectromagic Parade!

9/11 Cape May Cafe (Beach Club resort) Dinner 5:30pm

9/12 Chef Mickey's! (Contemporary Resort) Character Meal with MICKEY and Friends! Dinner 6pm

9/13 Tony's Town square Magic Kingdom Lunch 11:30am

With the exception of Lily's Princess makeover this was FREE! WAHOO! Now I get to move on the fun part of this... packing! Did I mention I have spreadsheet for this... I know, I know I am looking into a program!!

2 comments:

Patti said...

I am not sure what to say...you're crazy...in a very good, dedicated mommy kind of way :)

Reba said...

Yeah! I am so glad that you got through. And what a wonderful CM to call back like that! I have to laugh on the spreadsheet...do you want to come plan our vacations for us? :)