Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Finally some good news!!

LILY IS GOING TO PRE-SCHOOL!!! :-) :-):-)

I am soo excited for her!! Here is the story, this past April/May I was looking for some kind of program for Lily to attend. Not for any other reason but to give her more social time with other kids and a school-like environment. Of course most were way out of our price range, even for part-time. I kept looking and stumbled onto our public school system's website and found a program. It is through the High School system and is like a work-study program on campus for High School Students who want to become early childhood educators. I called in to get more information.

The teacher in charge gave me all the info and told me to come to get an application and doctor record filled out. She also said that it was first come first served and there were a limited number of spaces available. I got right on it and dropped everything off for the doctor. Once I got it all back we went over again and turned it all in and began to wait.

We got this call this afternoon! We are going to be getting a letter in September and will have to attend a parent orientation. Lily gets to go too and will have her own orientation with the other kids. She will then start on Oct 29! It is Wed/Thurs/Fri from 730 to 12 noon. They will have 3 field trips throughout the year... I think that is so cute!! AND... because she will 3 when she starts she is automatically enrolled for the 4 year old program! So she gets to go for two years there and then begin normal Kindergarten!

Ok, now there are MANY great things about this, but it does all come down to the mighty dollar. For the whole year it is going to cost us $60! Needless to say we jumped right on that.

Lily is very excited and just smiled ear to ear when I was telling her what it all meant. Then we called Chris at work so she could tell him. It was really sweet to here her tell him 'Daddy I got into school, I am going to pre-school!' He didn't know that I had gotten the phone call so he was very excited for her to tell him!

3 comments:

Murph said...

Congratulations, lily. And what a great deal too! Sounds like she's going to have a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

WOW thats a deal!!! Abbys is just Tues and Friday 9-11 at that price and parents have to volunteer to keep the price down!!!!

Hugs,leslie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lily!! Grant is in Preschool too, he goes Mon and Wed mornings from 8:30 to 11:30. He tells me that he likes school and his teacher. Tell Mommy, we were lucky too since its in our elementary school and its free except that we had to pay for school regristration $50. Have fun getting all your school supplies, Grants backpack is Diego!