Saturday, October 25, 2008

Big foot sighting...


Not sooo scary...so you think...
Miss C (it is a wonder our kids even know thier real names!) is wearing a size 6W, thankfully we have been downgraded from an EXTRA WIDE! Sigh... Just like everything else with this girl she is a mix of Chris and I. Chris has a brick for a foot (I say this out of true love, and he knew I was going to write it!! ) and for my height I got a big'ol clown foot.
So what does Brick + Clown =
Rdette's hard for fit into any kind of reasonable priced shoe foot.
But I love those gigantic piggies!! :-)
The girls and I set out on an adventure this past week to find Miss C some non-tennis shoe, shoes ie Church Shoes. They did pretty well I had to plow on the promises of the Disney store window shopping, and more then once I had to use the 'Mommy' look. But all in all our girls are normally very well behaved when we are out. Lily was a little put off that she was not able to take off her shoes and try on new ones, once she realized that visiting Cinderella was on the agenda that helped!
After trying on several different shoes, all of which made the top of her foot look as if it was a can of biscuits about to explode out of the front of the shoe I asked for some professional assistance. :-) Turns out that her foot looked that way because the shoes were way too small! Doh! Well now that explains it!
Once we got the size thing worked out, a small loan was taken out and we headed out of the store gold oops I mean shoes in hand. ;-)
Believe me this is all said in jest. Her new shoes are adorable, and she knows she looks cute! It is just amazing the size difference between the girls. They are now only one shoe size apart, AND one clothing size apart as well.
After our shoe adventure I guess I wanted to push the envelope a little-the next time I even think about this I need to back away slowly, or maybe even stop drop and roll! I don't know just something to remind that w/out Daddy one trip a day is the limit! But no, I went ahead and after nap we headed over to Target so that I could get a few more things for Lily for the winter.
Lily has apparently shrunk! Historically for us, Targets clothes have been on the smaller side. So I went ahead and bought her 4t in everything. Trying things on happens once we get home and she came pretend she is a bunny while trying on the clothes. Yeah she did...
It was very apparent from the start of trying on that the size choice was very VERY wrong, or these clothes were way over sized. I did pick up a couple of things for Rdette while we were there. LILY COULD WEAR THEM! 18MONTHS! They were too her don't get me wrong but she could wear them!
That night I took 90% of what I had picked out back and bought her 3T for the tops, and 24/2T for her bottoms. Chris made a good point that now she is wearing panties on a full time bases her little bottom isn't as fluffy anymore! She is tiny!
All in all at the end of the day I did have fun with my shopping buddies! For Mommy's sake next time we will split it up in to two days though!

2 comments:

Murph said...

Rudy's feet are wide also- I spend more on one pair of shoes for him than I do on several for me!
Kathy

Patti said...

Max and Lucy have wide feet too...it kills me to spend money on shoes that they are going to outgrow in a few months. And, yes, Max and Lucy are in the same size clothing too..chubby babies are cuter...that is what I mumble every time I buy Lucy 4T clothing :)