Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Birthday Shopping, Part 2

OK, not I know it's been awhile since my first post but as promised here is "Birthday Shopping for Mommy, Part 2". We last left our hero with his 2 beautiful sidekicks running in terror that was Fashion Bug. Now we headed off to go complete our shopping. I took the girls to Arundel Mills Mall to get the last couple of things on our list. I unpacked the double stroller, lock the girls in, and off we go. We first went inside a bookstore to get Megan a copy of Twilight. She mentioned she would like to read it and I thought it would be a great way for her to "get away from it all." Then I hear the 5 words no father wants to here when out in public: "I go peepee now daddy?" luckily the bookstore had a restroom so off we trout. It was a small bathroom but large enough for the double stroller (remember I have Rdette with me as well) if I leave the stall door open. Well as soon as I get in and have Lily's pants down another person comes in to utilize the facilities. Great. Purely on impulse, I push the stroller into the handicap stall thinking there would be plenty of room. WRONG!!!! Me and Charlotte were just about sitting on top of one another while Lily goes peepee. I also figure since we were already there and we had about another hour or so to go, I try to go as well (Megan I am sure will comment on this latter) :) So I wouldn't scar my children, I have Lily go stand in a corner while I pick up the stroll and flip it 180 degrees and proceeded. Now comes the 5 words no man wants to here in a bathroom: "I open door now, Daddy." (Notice this was a statement, not a request). GREAT!!!! Why not. So I am making a mad dash to finish before my toddler exposes me to the world. Finally, we finished, washed our hands, and left the store. And yes, we got the book.

Now off to Bath and Body Works. This is more of a sweet moment. We were in the store trying to find something for Mommy. Now up to this point the girls had not picked out anything themselves, and knowing that would me a lot to Megan, I figure what the hell. So Lily, Charlotte, and I start walking in a circle around the store and I told Lily to stop once she finds the perfect gift for Mommy. We must have made 4 laps with a lot of giggles from the store staff, when Lily points excitedly, "Ohh, there Daddy." So I pull over and we found a scent that Megan really loves. So Lily picked out some hand soap, and she picked out for Charlotte some body spray.

All in all it was very fun time and I would do it again anytime, just maybe not both at the same time. Megan I tip my hat to you. You can do a weeks worth of grocery shopping, doctors appointments, and play dates, with both girls at the same time and make it look easy. I love you and I hope your birthday was as special as you are to your family.

Love,

Chris

3 comments:

Murph said...

Parenthood is always an adventure. But Bravo to you, Chris, for doing it - not everyone would!
Kathy

Reba said...

What an experience! And what an adventure for you. :) I promise, the girls won't be scarred. You would probably be shocked at our house. In the mornings, our room is just an open revolving door. Anyway, you may be scarred, but they will be okay. :) I bet Megan lovred each and every gift, including these posts.

Anonymous said...

what a man, what a man, what a mighty fine man! LOL MOMMOM