Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Whip out the Pine Tree Deodorizers! Happy Birthday to ME!

So today is the BIG DAY! I officially become old and stinky. I am the youngest of my High School friends and for each one I reminded them quite happily that I was STILL in my 20's and not old and stinky like they were. Today the playing field evens out again! There is only one problem I don't know what I am going to wish for when I blow out my candles.


Believe me this isn't going to be all hallmark and sappy, well maybe a little, but it is all truthful. Like the old song says 'It's my party and I'll BLOG if I want too!' OK I don't think that was the original version... it works for this though!!


For each birthday since my 22nd I have wished for a baby. As each year rolled by I began to bargain with the Birthday Wish Granter. Asking just to be pregnant before the next birthday. When that STILL didn't work I began to dread my birthday. I knew what I would ask for, and I knew that the next year would have the same outcome.


This was until my 27th birthday! I had my baby boy in my heart and I wished with all my heart to just simply bring him home. We all know how well that turned out. :-(


The following birthday we were still waiting to exit PGN with Lily with no real end in sight. I remember not even blowing candles out that year. 15 days later we got the call we were waiting for. A little late but still the best birthday present I had ever been given. I was a Mommy.


Fast forward to last year. October 1, I remember being very upset that I couldn't eat a piece of my own cupcake. Chris saved it for me (it got was a little stale- but very sweet- Chris, not the cupcake). I was extremely pregnant, terrified, and ready to give birth. Four days later my wish came true and I was a Mommy for a second time! All in one year! Two great birthday's back to back I was on a ROLL!!


I remember that I told Chris that it was like all of those birthday wishes were put on someones desk who was on vacation for 7 years! They all got processed at the same time LOL!


Now, today I honestly don't know what I will wish for. Not that I could tell anyway! I will be very careful though, you never know if the Birthday Wish Granter is on vacation again! I will have to remember what I wish for this time and see how long it takes!

4 comments:

Murph said...

Have a wonderful birthday enjoying your two best birthday wishes ever!
Kathy

Patti said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope the next year is filled with laughter and good times with your two best wishes!!!

Reba said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, old and stinky as you may feel. :) And I hope you chose your birthday wish carefully...you just never know what may happen in a year's time... :)
Reba

Murph said...

By the way, we never got to hear the rest of Chris's adventure! And what he and the girsl picked out.
:)
Kathy