Friday, September 26, 2008

Birthday shopping for Mommy

Oh where oh where to begin. For starters, Megan's birthday is right around the corner so me, being the highly trained production planner I am, of course wait till the last minute. So I decided to take both girls out to go pick out something for Mommy. I knew that there were 3 things that would make Megan's birthday special.

  1. A new nightgown
  2. Some nice smelling stuff from Bath and Body works
  3. Something the girls picked out themselves, no matter what it was. the simple things in life.

Now since Megan lives and breathes this blog, you'll forgive me on leaving out some of the details. :) So we start our "adventure" at Fashion Bug. I decided to let Lily walk and have Charlotte in the single stroller. Yeah, I hear the "doh's" as I type this. Everything was going great until I start hearing Lily say "Oh, Mommy like this." Interested in hoping it was the Magic #3 of my list, I turn to see what has Lily SO excited. Lily has found a very "pretty" bra and was (i can't make this up mind you) feeling all over the fabric in a very daddy uncomfortable way. Now remember, I am a 30 year old man with 2 little girls, 1 in a stroller, in a Lady's clothing store next to intimate apparel while this was going on. Needless to say, Awkward. So I now am red faced, sweating, and redirect her on looking for a nightgown. So again we are looking. And again Lily finds another "OOO, Mommy likes this one daddy." This one being a even more embarrassing item with her same level of affection for the fabric. Finally, hoping to still hold on to my Man Card, I scoop up everyone, grabbed something that looked pretty, paid, and made a mad dash for the door. Nothing more can I say now, I'll post the rest of the trip after the birthday. But we are home safe, sound, and I still have a piece of my Man Card.

5 comments:

Reba said...

Oh, my, Chris, you are too funny. I could just picture all of this. I am really curious to hear about the rest of the trip now. :) You are a good husband and daddy...I know Megan will appreciate all of this (and get lots of laughter from your post).
Reba

Murph said...

What a great husband! The things you men will do for us women is amazing. :)
Kathy

Patti said...

That story is priceless...great blackmail one day for Lily! I am sure you found something wonderful for your special lady!

Anonymous said...

Oh Chris only real men do intimate apparel..... I mean are brave enough to go purchase some..... I love you MOMOM

Rebekah said...

What a great post Chris ... I am sure no matter what you choose Megan will LOVE it ... and I agree with the Lily Blackmail in the future ... too cute! Oh and Megan ... consider youself TAGGED ... stop on over to our blog - copy the 1st born survey and play along ...

Hope your week is wonderful so far! And Happy Birthday!

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 too