Wednesday, September 24, 2008

AWESOME!!!!

Last night was AWESOME!

Chris and I went to see Alanis Morriestte at the Lyric!

DID I SAY IT WAS AWESOME!!! Oh My!

A little side note: Sign of the times.... Instead of worrying about what I was going to wear, I worried over making sure we left with enough time to stop and get a coffee, so I would be AWAKE! Old, OLd, OLD! sigh... we did get the coffee BTW!

Anywho, once we got the coffee we were on our way. It was in the City (which I dislike- we ALWAYS get lost) I spent the day studying our route. Why I wasted time with that I have no clue.. we STILL got lost. Which always insights tension, loud voices, and sharp exchanges (don't you love how lovely I made a argument sound!). We turned a 26 minute trip into a 45 minute trip.. but thankfully we made it. Harmony is instantly restored...Chris I told you we should have gotten that Tom-Tom thing ;-) LOL

We also found close, cheap parking- bonus! We made our way in and found our seats which were AWESOME!!

The show started off with her opening act Alexis Murdock- he is from Scotland. He was ok, but he was on for almost 45 mins! FINALLY @ 9 pm (our normal bedtime- we are such ROCK STARS!) Alanis came on. It was AWESOME!!! She went for about 1 1/2 hours. This is why I love her, it was all about the music. There wasn't any costume changes, fireworks, dancers, heck there weren't any back-up singers. It was her band and her. AWESOME!! I feel like we got our money's worth out of it!

I was surprised by how diverse the crowd was. we saw dread-locks to bald spots and everything in between. LOL It was an AWESOME time!

When it was over Chris and I got lost coming home (surprise surprise!) LOL but this time we took it all in stride and found our way!

I must say I was a little disappointed in Chris...(this is totally said in jest) he PROMISED that he was going to paint his belly and shout I LOVE YOU ALANIS. But, sadly this didn't happen. He did try to bounce on his knees to have the illusion of dancing. Chris doesn't not even a little bit dance in public. So this was a BIG deal! But seriously Chris, Thank you for taking me, acting like you were having a good time, and making me smile!

Thank you also to our helpers Beasy, and Maina (Tracy and Brianna) for staying with our girls and giving us peace of mind to relax and have a good time! You guys are AWESOME!!

A little side note not to be forgotten... yesterday 13 years ago Chris called my house and asked me to be his girlfriend. We were only 16 years old. I don't regret a day.

In case you were wondering the word awesome was used a total of: 8 times in this post!

4 comments:

Murph said...

Glad you had an awesome time. :)
Kathy

Anonymous said...

I am so disappointed in Chris! He should have painted his belly!!!!
Glad that all went well and you enjoyed it.
Love the Rdette steps and Ms thing at the Princess hangout!!!
Can't wait to see you all Love MomMom

Rebekah said...

Sounds like an awesome time! (jealous) ... and I love the stry about the coffee ... girl after my own heart ... I would have to do the same thing - OLD! Nah, just in a routine ... hope your week is going well, then again after a fantastic night like that your week is probably wonderful! Hope to see you for FFF!

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2

Reba said...

I think I forgot to say, Happy birthday! What a very fun gift...a special night together. You are too funny, or is awesome the word?
Reba