Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of School

OK well Sunday School! We have been on the road so much this summer that we haven't made it to many services. We knew that today was the first day of Sunday School, even though the girls are still in Nursery, it is good for us to get there. It is even better for them because they are used to just being with me everyday, this gives a little more sense of being in a group w/out Mommy and Daddy.

Lily was very excited. We have been talking about her teachers and she know that we were going to 'Jesus house'. When we got there she super glued herself to me, Charlotte burst in tears. I found some toys that I knew Lily would like (Elmo and Big Bird). Then her second teach told us that it would be ok and we should go. Lily melted down, Charlotte was still screaming. We got into the hallway and Lily beings to scream at the top of her little lungs MOMMY NOOME (come)HERE, MOMMY and tried to run out of the door. Chris just kept me walking away. Very sad :-(


Once we got settled in I knew that if they didn't come get us that they had settled. We went to go pick them up afterwards and they we very excited to see us. Lily asked me "you miss me Mommy?" I told her yes, and asked if she missed me, she hugged even tighter and said yes.


After we got home we had lunch then Charlotte napped, Chris Lily and I went outside to remove our storm damage. There was a tree in our yard that we knew had a 50/50 shot of making through the storm... it didn't make it. There was no real damage. It did brush the swing set and the fence. Chris commented on how good we are getting at tree removal. As this was the rest of the tree that fell the night before Charlotte's Baptism. At least it is gone!

Lily was such a good helper. She wanted to help walk the branches down to the pile we were making. So Chris cut a few small ones off just for her. She even got a helper sticker yesterday! We are on an upswing for sure. I don't know if I ever talked about 'helper stickers' here before. They are temporary tattoos. Stickers aren't really an option for us right now because Charlotte likes to eat them once Lily has pulled off all of the adhesive and then leaves them on the floor. So we thought about the tattoos. She LOVES them, she only gets one and then 'works' on earning another one.

Wow, I am a little talkative this morning!! I better get going, Lily has just announced that she wants pancakes for breakfast! Have a great day!!


Lily actually said "you done Mommy?"

Pretty girl!

She had a Pony!!

1 comments:

Reba said...

Sunday School will get better. Joshua has been going for 8 months and he still cries when Mark leaves. But in just a few minutes he is happy again.

I love seeing pictures of the girls. And way to go for Lily for being such a good helper!
Reba