Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hot dogs, Tater Tots, and Rain

Today was the first Saturday in a very long time we had nothing to do. Not that we could/would with all the rain. We spent the day playing and watching the Spookies- what Lily calls Halloween shows! It is really cute she will say "ohhhh Mommy there a Spookie right there!" We have been telling her that Spookies are OK and as long as we aren't scared it is ok. She has also been Booing us. She will run up behind us tap on our leg and say 'excuse me.... BOO!' and then laugh like that was the funniest thing ever.

She has been doing the boo/laugh thing so much that Rdette is following suite. She can't Boo, but she will squeal whenever Lily gets going! Tonight after bath Lily was in her room before we were. She had her towel on when she left the bathroom and as I watched her cross the hall, but in the 30 secs it took me to follow her in her towel was gone and a naked giggling child was standing behind the rocking chair. She was trying to Boo us, but she started laughing so hard that she couldn't speak! Silly girl!

Oh as for the Hot Dogs, and Tater Tots... I have found a whole new love in life... my crock pot. I <3 my crock pot. It is simple, inexpensive, and makes the house smell sooo yummy. We have gotten into a 3 meal a week plus Pizza night on Friday schedule. So this morning I set out to make this great yummy ham, green beans,carrots,potatoes meal. It cooks all day.

***A little back story Lily is in the phase Chris and I like to call the 'I don't like waffles.' Hers is more 'I don't like anything green' so we play let's make a deal, or we make up great stories about Dora or Cinderella and how they eat their green things. She will normally buy this just enough to get 1/4 of what we hope to get into her. ***

Back on track: Tonight she looked into her cookie bowl filled to the brim with all the yummyness that is this ham dinner, looks up at me and says 'ohhhh yummy hot dogs and tater tots!' Sigh.. ok if that makes you eat this, that sounds great to me.

She still went through and systematically removed all of the green beans, I think we did get 3 into her. She dry heaves on them, and I feel bad because she is trying to eat them she just can't.

Rdette on the other hand.. she is eating everything that isn't nailed down! She doesn't care what color it is she just wants to eat it. She ate all of hers and signed "more" like crazy! Chris ended up giving her just a little more and she was still signing!

I am so behind with Blogging, there are tons of things to be updated. Stay tuned!

1 comments:

Reba said...

More is Joshua's favorite sign too. :) Oh, and green beans make me gag. Seriously. I cannot even stand the sight of them. I remember trying to gag them down for my parents as a little girl MANY years ago. Ick!