Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Disney Update

Are we crazy?? Well maybe a little... but we also know what our parenting limits are. For that reason Chris heard words that strike fear in him... "I have been thinking..." I have no clue why he turns a different shade every time I say that. :-)

Well last night we talked, and talked, and talked about our mode of transportation to get to Disney. There were valid pros and cons for both flying and driving. We had found really cheap flights on Southwest. By really cheap I mean $49 flights cheap. In the end we chose to sleep on it and look at it again this morning. By this morning of course the flight costs had gone up. But we were determined to NOT ride 14 hours over two days in the van. We found that when we flexed our dates that just by moving it by a few days made a world of difference and made the $49 flights reappear! Plus Southwest doesn't charge for your first two bags per person. That is a bonus in itself.

I had to wait to call into Disney until this morning to see if the new dates were available. Thankfully they were! While I was on hold with Disney waiting for the confirmation I went ahead and booked the flights! OMG!

The dates have been changed to 9/7-9/14. Only a change of four days.

I don't like to fly, I dread it, but I dread hours of unhappy children even more. I will take two hours of upset over 14 anytime. Chris really didn't care one way or another, but understands where I am coming from. We don't have to rent a car, Disney picks you up from the airport and takes you to your resort. Heck, you don't even have to pick up your luggage they deliver that to you!

Needless to say Lily was VERY excited this morning to find out we were going to ride in an airplane. It was great to hear her very accurately articulate what happens "We go up up up in the air, then down down to see Mictey!"

The funny thing is that even though I don't like to fly, I feel at peace with this. Just like when we switched resorts, it was the right decision to make both times.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

im all for flying!!!! Hmmm maybe i should look into Southwest!

Anonymous said...

when you get a chance can you send me some of your Disney Travel websites?

thanks,leslie

Anonymous said...

DID I NOT SUGGEST FLYING SOMETIME AGO AN FOR THE VERY SAME REASON!!! I think you will be much happier. LOVE YA MOMMOM

Anonymous said...

What a deal! We are thinking of taking the boys to Disney in January. We want to leave IA and go somewhere warm. Can you send me your Disney sites.

You need to become a travel agent!

Thanks!