Friday, April 25, 2008

The BEST story EVER!!!

Last night the girls and I were in the yard playing while Chris was working on clearing trees. We were running late with our evening routine, but everybody was still in good spirits. Chris wanted to get one more thing done before we went in. It was close to the house, so the girls and I hung out on the back porch steps to watch. When he was all done, I spotted a Caterpillar walking up the house. I showed it to Lily who said "ohhhh snake." This child has no fear. I picked it up and was letting it climb over my hand and arm. Lily wanted to hug and kiss the Caterpillar. So I told her that she could blow a kiss to it. She did, then she wanted to hold it. I let it walk over her hand and arm. She LOVED it! She kept "hugging" it.

So by now it is really getting late, we came inside to get dinner together for Lily (Charlotte already ate). Chris was trying to call his dad. All of a sudden Chris screams, and pushed the dogs back. I come running to see what is going on and a Caterpillar had found its way onto the back collar of his shirt.

What happened next is why this is the best story ever... remember how I said that Lily (a TWO year old LITTLE girl) and I were just outside letting the Caterpillar climb all over our arms and hands? Ok...my husband...an EAGLE SCOUT...... the fearless leader of the family... would not touch it! He was trying to pick the poor baby butterfly up with a piece of paper! I was in total disbelief of what I was witnessing. I bent down and risked life and limb to take the apparently rabid Caterpillar back outside.

The first thing I told Chris when I came back it from rescuing the terrified thing, was "I am sooooooooooooooooo going to blog about this!!" ROFL!!

Here are some of the pictures of the attack Caterpillar.....
She loved it!


Lily hugging the Caterpillar

1 comments:

Murph said...

I love the coconuts over the dress! Lily has such a strong, vibrant personality - it comes out in both the pictures and your stories.
Kathy