Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Busy...

Chris and I have been busy little bees the past few days. Charlotte is going to be Baptized in June (YEAH!!) and we are beginning to get everything together for that. We worked on her invitations this weekend. We did it the "Chris and Megan way." By that I mean that we tried to stretch out the left over invitations from Lily's Baptism last June. Well, we have plenty of actual invitations, but we were critically low in envelops. We have exactly enough to send out. As long as everything went as planned we were good to go. As I mentioned above it is Chris and Megan doing this.... I think that you get the idea. Sigh.... In the end they all were sent out today. I am going to brag a little here but I think that they are beautiful! We made them all on our own and I couldn't have asked for better.

We are going to have the reception for her at our house this time. For Lily's we went through a local park, and even through the party was great for her it drudges up bad memories for us. So it is best that we have it here to make sure that what happened there will not happen here. Moving right along..... It is going to be fun! Plus we won't have to worry about getting to and from, have a place for the cold food etc...

As for her God Parents.. Drum Roll please..... we have asked two very awesome people, who both readily agreed! We are happy to announce that they are my Aunt Tracey and Chris's brother Kenny. We thought long and hard and couldn't be happier with our choices!!

June 8th is going to come up quick, I just want to stay far ahead. With Lily's last year I was 6.5 months prego and it was hard to pull it together at the end. This year, I can be much more hands on and I am glad to be. :-)

The girls are doing well. Lily has a little runny nose. We are going to keep an eye on that. Charlotte had her first real dinner tonight. A stage two. It was Chicken noodle. She didn't like it. When I first put it in her mouth she looked right at Lily almost to stay "you eat this?!?!?" It was pretty funny! Charlotte has her 6 month check up on Friday. We will see how big she really is!

Before I go... I don't talk much about our family much on here out of respect. But tonight I have to say that my SIL did something very brave today. She FINALLY stood up for herself! Chris and I are very proud of you! :-) (((((hugs)))))

3 comments:

Reba said...

You are right...June will be here before you know it. I cannot wait to see pictures from your special day! I agree, doing it at home should help a lot as far as food goes. Plus you have all the baby things you need right there. I cannot wait to hear more about it. :)
Reba

Unknown said...

I agree, the invitation is absolutely!!! I'm gonna frame mine!

Unknown said...

I agree, the invitation is absolutely!!! I'm gonna frame mine!