Thursday, April 24, 2008

Meeting and update

This morning during our morning meeting I needed to write a quick To-Do list. I always make sure that my Secretary (Lily) has the paper necessary to take her own minutes. The meeting goes much better that way. In my rush to get meeting started before the Chairman (Charley) razzed all over everybody, I grabbed a paper plate. I looked around for less then 5 secs for a pen, w/out missing a beat I thought... I'll just use a Crayon. In that moment, I knew that I indeed had arrived! I just shook my head and started our "meeting." :-)

There have been lots of funnies this week! That is one reason why I haven't posted! By the end of the day I am just wiped out.

I do want to take a minute and capture the highlights!

This past Friday we had Lily cry it out in her bed. We had done this after she had been home for a few weeks and it works like a charm. The first night was the worst, but the last two nights she has done so well we have put the girls to bed together! It is the best thing we have ever tried for her. We had backed down from our firm stance with bedtime when Charlotte was born, honestly out of sleep deprivation. We needed to sleep and as long as everybody was happy and semi-rested then all was good. Well, that was a little over 6 months ago and she was still getting in bed with us during the night every night. This past Friday we just went for it and she has sleep in her own bed all night ALL WEEK!! Better yet... she has slept well and is back to taking naps! The sleep has done wonders for her and us.

The girls were given their Baptism/Re-adoption gift a little early. We got them a swing set! :-) Chris put it up last Saturday for them. Lily LOVES it! Charlotte has a baby swing to swing in too! Lily waits patiently when Charlotte swings but as soon as we take her out Lily is all over it. She likes it Because she can swing higher.

Speaking of Re-adoption... Lily has her day in court this Thursday May 1st! I told her about getting to ride on a "train" and seeing a person called a Judge. I asked her what she was going to say if he asked her if she loved Mommy and Daddy. She said "I lovf Mommy, I lovf Daddy, I lovf Rdette" She had a huge smile on her face. I think honestly she is more excited about getting to wear her new Princess Dress that day!

Lily has turned into quite the Princess! I made her a dress up box (an old Diaper box), and filled it with clothes that she could use for dress up. It got a little old re-folding her entire dresser every night. I put her dress from Easter. Well, let me tell you.... she wears that dress everyday, ALL day. I put her regular clothes on in the morning, and before we are out of the room she has that dress on over her clothes! I can only get it off and meal times and bedtime!

She wanted to wear it out last night on her 'date' with Daddy. He had some errands to run last night and he took her with him. It was so sweet, Lily kept saying "Daddy date" until he got home. I was able to convince her to wear a different dress out though. Charlotte got some nice Mommy and me quiet time. I fed her dinner and she got a nice bath. She was OUT @ 620! I tried but she was out. She must have needed it... she slept until 6am! Wahoooooo!!



I am going to update with pics and a new video later... the natives are getting a little restless! LOL!

0 comments: