Saturday, April 5, 2008

HAPPY 6 MONTHS CHARLOTTE!!!

Our little baby turned 6 months old today! Where did that time go? When I was pregnant I KNOW that months didn't go by this fast. Chris and I did some reminiscing about my stay in the hospital and how we equated it to "living" in the Marriott for those 11 days when we brought home Lily. I was looking at her today thinking that I can't believe that 6 short months ago she was this small, floppy, baby. Today, although still very much so a baby she defiantly isn't small anymore. She is also no longer nearly as floppy!! Her legs are so strong. We stopped in babies R us tonight and bought her a new big girl tub. Last night during her bath I was washing her hair and she planted both of those chubby little feet in the bottom of the baby tub and about threw herself out! I was right with her, she is just so strong and quick that it is dangerous to use the tub anymore if she is going to keep doing this. Chris and I agreed that we are indeed all done with the baby tub!

Mommy was able to break out this morning!! Yeah! I had several things that I wanted to go look at. I was able to us my time wisely. I completed some of the necessary errands (food,diapers etc) then I got to go play at the craft store. I have become very interested in cake decorating. So I picked up a few things and I am going to try (stressing the word TRY) to do something creative for Charlotte's Baptism cake. Fingers crossed all around please! ;-)

Side story, I LOVE it when Chris stays home alone with both girls because every single time I come back I always get some sort of compliment regarding being with them all day. Heehee Today I was greeted with a huge hug, and I was told that I am never going back to work. He later recanted and said that once the girls were in school I could think about it. LOL He said as long as he didn't have to do it! ROFL!!! Too much! But I feel appreciated! :-)

Once I got home and all of the goodies were put away we decided that we were going to re-try the park. Before we left the house I broke it all down for Lily. I told her that we needed to share the swings and that she needed to listen. When we get there Chris pulled into the same parking spot as Wednesday. I of course believing that this was NOT a good omen asked him to please pick another one. He being a man (sorry to any male readers!!) decided that it was fine since "Daddy was here!" I must admit though he was right (shhhh don't tell him I said that!! ). It was MUCH MUCH better then before.

However, this time we decided that are going to move forward with our plan of locking Miss. Lily in the basement until she is AT least 30!!! She attracted everything male on that playground. LOL Chris kept telling me that we are going to have trouble because she seems to like men twice her age. The 4-5 year old range! She is a HUGE flirt to boot! It was so cute to watch her play though. Especially because she is sooooo small! Charlotte wore a shirt today that Lily wore the day Charlotte was born! So to see her running around with these other kids is really sweet. Ohhh Charlotte and I copped a spot on a bench and celebrated her 6 months by her falling asleep in the sun! Just sitting there watching Lily and Chris play, and Charlotte nestled in my arms I just wanted to freeze that moment in time. Everything was just perfect.

I put Lily to bed tonight. We went through the routine, read the book, tug and tiss (hug and kiss), and then we stand in the door frame until she falls asleep. Tonight, while she was falling asleep she called out and I didn't understand it at first. She said it again and I realized she was saying love you. It sounds more like da u. I told her that I loved her too, then she smiled up at me and said "ahhhh pretty mommy" and blew me a kiss. I felt my eyes tear up. I blew her a kiss back and went back to standing in the door frame. Moments like that make everything sooooooooooo worth it.

1 comments:

Reba said...

Happy 6 months! Sounds like a fun day for all of you. Can you believe it has been 6 months?

What a special night with Lily...how precious to hear those words! I know your heart melted.

Reba