Friday, April 11, 2008

Good news and Bad news

I'll start with the good news. All went well with Miss. Charlotte at the doctor today. We actually made it out in a little over an hour, warp speed! She weighed in at a whopping 19.12 lbs and 26.5 ins! The doctor re-weighed she b/c she could believe that she put on 5 lbs in 2 months! LOL She is in the 95% for weight and 75% for length and head circumference. Which is good. She said not to worry over her head. She got her Daddy's head. All I will say is thank God I didn't have to push that out!! LOL Other then that we are to start # 2 vegs and fruits, and we can start to give her water in her bottle. She did get her last round of multiple shots. A total of 4 today and an oral. Next time we go she only has to get one. She really cried hard this time. Next time Daddy is going to get the chance to go! She and Lily both have check-ups due around the same time so I scheduled it on off Friday!! He can't wait ;-)

So there is the good news from the day... the bad news is truly petty, but we were still steamed.

Today being Chris's off Friday we scheduled to have FIOS installed in the house. They were suppose to be here between 8-12. Before I left with Charlotte for her appointment at noon they still weren't here. Now, we had gotten 2 notices from them confirming the install. Chris called and there had been an error of some kind. Long (took all day to get it taken care of) story short no install. The bright side of all this is that because Verizon really messed up we are going to get free movie channels! They told Chris he could have whatever he wanted. I think at that point they were really afraid we were going to cancel the whole thing.

I know petty, but, it was soooo pretty here today. We were able to get the girls outside this morning while we were waiting. They both have runny noses so I know the fresh air would be great for them. So at least they got some time. There are a million other things we could have done today. I guess in the long run it was best to stick close to home with the girls not feeling well.

The funny of the day happened at dinner time. Chris was still on the phone trying to get everything worked out, Lily (my drama queen) was beyond tired and ready to eat. Charlotte had just woke-up from a nap, and really not in the mood to have to wait for anything, esp food! Chris ran to get dinner from McDonald's. We were suppose to have spaghetti, yeah, that wasn't going to happen. Once he got back, Lily was in heaven with her little happy meal and I think we were all happy just to stop for a few minutes. Chris said this was a desperation meal. I looked confused, then he said "you know, a break glass in case of emergency dinner!" We all got a good laugh at that.

One more little funny, Lily was sitting with Charlotte and I while I fed Charlotte while Chris ran to get dinner. It was so nice here we had most of the windows opened, and I thought I heard Chris clear his throat. So I hollered his name to see if it was him coming up to the door. Lily yells "Chris, ohhhwhoo." She then looked at me almost to say 'oops' and then said "Daddy ohhhwhoo" Too cute!

Both girls were well medicated and well down very peacefully. I had to suck out Charlotte's nose before I fed her though. I felt so bad for her. She had a really yucky day and here I was adding to it. But, there was no way I could even try to lay her down sounding like that. Let alone feed her. I try to remove myself from it, I do the samething when they get shots. I turn it to be so clinical so I can see past them crying. Now, as soon as I know it is over I have them in arms my faster then you can blink and my heart is completely broken for them. But for that 30 secs or so I go into total Nurse mode. We will give her Tylenol through the morning tomorrow. I always do that after shots. It really seems to help.

1 comments:

Reba said...

What a busy day you had. :) We have had a few of those in case of emergency dinners. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. :) I agree, Tylenol after shots is the best way to go. I am glad it was a good checkup even though there were yucky shots. I love how you put it about going "clinical" during that time. I do that too but never knew how to word it.
Reba