Tuesday, June 24, 2008

...And we're still together!




Today marks eight years that Chris and I have been married! Wow, eight years, time does fly, doesn't it?



To write and reflect on this year it wouldn't be honest of me to say it has been an easy one. There have been lots of highs and a fair share of lows. To leave out the bad in order to portray a picture perfect marriage is an insult to us. I think that it is good that we do not always agree. We try to work together as a team and get through it.



We had a conversation a few weeks ago after a long week of lows and we came to the conclusion that this year was exactly like our first year of marriage. We had to figure each other out again. The man that I married was now a Daddy, and I a Mommy. While our girls are a dream realized, there are many parts we were not ready for. It has taken us sometime to figure it all out, and we are as I am sure we will always be, learning from our mistakes.



Even though this year has been a rocky one I can still say with a full heart that I am proud of our marriage, and I am proud to be Chris's wife. He is patient and kind, and understanding that some days the house isn't going to clean when we gets home :-) My hope is that we continue to love each other the way we do today forever.



I mean really... who can't love a guy who dances silly with his 2 year old Daughter while changing a diaper on the other!



It is an inside joke between us to look at the other when we have done/said something silly that the other may not like and say '...And were still together!!' So Chris Happy Anniversary, we are still together, still happy, and still in love!



I love you,



Megan




1 comments:

Reba said...

Happy anniversary! Having kids (and really for you...two in a year :) does redefine your relationship. But at the same time, I know that seeing a man become a daddy also shows a new side to love. May you have many more years together!