Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mommy Time

This weekend we purged! We have so much stuff. Some of which we haven't seen in quite some time. Saturday morning we got to work sorting out everything. We also went through the girls' toys as well. Lily was actually ok with giving some of her things to 'other princesses'! I thought we would have a battle, but thankfully nothing of the sorts. We also downsized a lot of Charlotte's baby things bouncy seats, bumbo etc. Things that haven't seen touched in months. We bagged it up and I took over the Salvation Army.

When we were bagging it up Chris and I were talking and it was decided that I would take it over and then I could have Mommy time. WAHOO!! Momma needed a minute!! I was dressed and gone faster then you could blink! After I dropped off the donation I wandered over to BabiesRus. I love this store. We wanted to find something to deter Miss Lily from opening the dresser drawers in their room when she should be napping. There have been MANY afternoons lately that I have gone in there to wake her up to find that she was never asleep, and everyone of her babies in her bed have on Charlotte clothes! Funny she doesn't really bother with her own! Well of course I had to cruise through the clothes. It is an addiction...

My name is Megan and I love little girl clothes!

I can't help it. Don't get me wrong.. I also LOVE to find a good deal. So they each got a new outfit (head down in shame), Chris just shakes his head. It was a great deal though... especially being BabiesRus, oh and I got a bib for Charlotte's Birthday. I didn't find the locks...ok ok I admit it I forgot to look for them. Don't tell Chris.. but I totally forgot about them until I was back in the car LEAVING the parking lot! ROFL opps!

I left there I ran into the party store to check out things for Charlotte's birthday. We have decided on a theme and I am starting to look for different ideas on how to make it special. Nothing too inspiring there...

Then I went and did something rare... something just for me. There was no sharing just 45 mins of pure Megan time. I cut off my hair (yikes!!). I am not someone ruled by their hair, but I do like it to look nice. Lately I have been reduced to wearing one of Lil's Cookie Monster hair ties! Every morning it was the same routine, get up and pull into pony tail. My hormones from having Charlotte didn't kick out like a normal person's (shocking) and I was able to keep my Prego hair for a long time. I lost some around 4 months, and it was cut then. That helped a lot, but recently it started all over again, time to cut it off! I think it was about 5 inches. Chris did not want me to cut it too short. When I called to tell him it was done, that was his first question!

When I got home and he got too see it he LOVED it! Me too! It is different but not too crazy. She did a great job... it is a longer Kate from Jon and Kate plus 8. Shorter in the back and longer front, so I can still pull a small pony up on top. Lily loves to touch it!

Now I was gone about 4 hours in total. Oh my...it has been a while since Chris was left with the girls for a length of time alone. He did a great job, but those girls worked him over!! He has been wanting to find a way to work from home because he does miss us during the day. I always laugh and tell him he has no clue what it is REALLY like for the 11-12 hours he is gone a day. But he WAS insistent, notice I wrote WAS. I think that tomorrow we will see the smoke from him running out of the house!

0 comments: