Sunday, June 15, 2008

Got Bats?

We had an eventful evening to say the least. :-0

Last night Chris was finishing watching a movie and I was poking around on the Internet. We were going into check on the girls. Chris went into the kitchen and I was in the hallway. I turned on the light and all of a sudden a BROWN STREAK came out of nowhere and got right in my face. I start SCREAMING like I am on fire.

Yup, you guessed it, Bruce was back, and this time he made it in the house!!!

As soon as I start screaming "OMG there is a BAT IN THE HOUSE!!!" Chris of course comes running out of the kitchen, and the battle was on!!

If you have seen the movie 300, it was completely on scale with one of those battle scenes. With one exception..... Chris's sword was in the shape of an UMBRELLA!! I ran out the front door and propped it open. From the behind the screen door I am able to witness one of the funniest things I have ever seen!!!! Chris is swinging the now open umbrella at the bat trying not to hurt it but push it out the front door. In the meantime I have gone around into the back yard and prop open the back porch door. When I get back to the front door they are still at it. Suddenly, Chris thinks that he has hit it and it is on the floor. Now Chris is shuffling his feet yelling "HE IS ON THE FLOOR!! HE IS ON THE FLOOR!!" He looked like his feet were being shot at!

We look all around and we now can't find the thing. I have now come back in. We moved a lot around. Finally we convinced ourselves that the bat must have gotten out while we were both focused on the floor. We both went back into the kitchen trying to figure out how it got in the house. When in the corner of my eye what do I see?!?!?!

Yup! He didn't get out!! He was just resting!!!!!!!! I go out the back door and run around front to reopen the front door. This time though Chris has left his umbrella in the living room!!! Ok try to picture this..... I am on the front porch clapping my hands, then Chris suggested I try to whistle at it. Trying to call is to me! It was working to a point, he was getting closer to getting out of the door. He just kept missing it! Then just as I thought he was going to go he got caught in the ceiling fan! The poor thing got thrown out of the fan into our quilt rack. Chris saw him hit the rack and swears the bat shook his head!! I really started to feel bad for him, he just wanted out, and we didn't want to hurt him.

After he hit the quilt rack he then flew back towards Chris in the hallway. Now I mentioned above that I felt bad.... not Chris. He was done and wanted it gone. It was on!!! After a few minutes of full on war in our kitchen Chris slammed the back door! He was gone!!! YEAH CHRIS!!

When I came into the kitchen I saw our frying pan on the sink, I didn't ask. Chris said he didn't hurt him. So then I had to know what he used to 'help' him out the door. Chris then pointed to the high chair, there laid our HUGE beach umbrella!!!! We use this for Charlotte in the yard it is like 6 FEET in diameter!!

We were laughing so hard I was bent over!! :-)

We do think we figured out where he came in from. We had out a small air conditioner in the window in the kitchen last weekend while I was making the cake for the Baptism. We didn't tape it in or anything because it wasn't supposed to stay there long at all. It was taken out of the window last night and the window was shut and LOCKED!!

We couldn't believe that the girls didn't even flinch during this! We would suuush each other here and there so I guess that helped.

Ohh and yes Chris, (THANK GOD) had pants on this time!!!

0 comments: