Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy Anniversary Megan

I have never posted on this blog before, leaving the story writing to my better half. But today is a special day and I felt it only proper for me to write and talk about this woman I love (that and I don't even have card for her yet, but don't tell her) :)

Megan and I have been married for 8 years today. I can't believe it's that long already. We have been though a lot over the years and to say our life is perfect is just a tale of fiction. From listening to the street hoping the truck coming down was for the trash and not the car, to boarding a plane flying to another country and bring our beautiful Lily home. From going twice a week to the doctors for a battery of tests for our pregnancy, to seeing Megan rip her taped down arm off of a operating table to touch our sweet Charlotte's face for the first time. Hateful and regrettable things have been said in the past, doors ripped off, and the occasional bagel ballistic missile thrown. But there have also been countless laughs and memories as well. From watching her walk down the aisle to me on our wedding day to working 30+ hours in the kitchen sink grouting a rock wall in place for our adoption home study. Through it all there is no other person in this whole world I would rather share this wonderful crazy life with. She has been there for me more that than even she knows. I truly believe that I am the man and father I am today because of her. I have seen her transform from a young bride to the greatest mother and wife we could ever hope for. I am truly blessed and honored to be married to this incredible woman, my soulmate, and I will love her all my heart for the rest of our years together. Happy Anniversary Cutie.

Love Always,

Chris

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you guys!! Happy Anniversary!! It has been our great pleasure to watch you two grow as a couple and as parents. We wish you many many years of happiness together. Love Mom & Dad