Friday, June 13, 2008

The year of the Critter

This year we have seen a lot of unique things in our yard. From mutant sized bees to Phil the Groundhog. Well, Chris and I had a new first in our marriage on Wednesday.

We were getting getting ready for bed and Chris was letting Bean back in. I heard him curse under his breath, he came around the corner into our bedroom and announces to me that "Houston we have a problem!" Now, I am so congested I can barely think let alone anything else. So I asked him what was wrong. He went onto say that we have a Bat on the back porch!

I sprung out of bed and went to the back door to see. We didn't know what to do, he seemed pretty content just hanging out on the screen. Chris, the great protector of the homestead, came up with a plan to go out on the porch and quickly open the back screen a little so that he could just fly out.

TMI WARNING*********************************************************************
PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! ;-)

Great plan right??? Well, the funny part happened just as Chris was getting ready to open the door. Keep in mind it is about 1030 at night, we are trying to be so quiet not to wake up the girls as well as not get attacked by this thing.

As he starts to open the door I ask him if he sure he didn't want to put pants on. I then explained to him that if this bat starts to attack him he is on his own (;-0) and that this could quite possibly turn into an episode of Cops! With him running around yard in his tighty whiteys! Then he starts singing "bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do if this bat attacks you!" ROFL and coughing!!

Being the great protector that he is he went ahead with his plan. By the morning, it was gone. All day though when I went outside for anything I was antsy to get back in!

Ohhh and we named him Bruce (From Batman) :-)




Chris took these while he held the door with one hand! There isn't much we won't take pictures of!

1 comments:

Murph said...

He's kind of cute. But EWWW - what if he was in your house?! :)
Kathy